Do you believe in cables?
Jun 17, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 108
I believe in interconnects. They get the music from my source to my amp.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 108
I believe in God, the rest have to be proved...for now BJC and Quail, do it for me...

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 108
I believe in ICs and headphone/speaker cables. Not power cables, since the electric utility's cabling is decades old and is simple as can be. Extra 3 feet isn't gonna change much, except in the case of an undersized AWG mains cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think any properly shielded cable should sound the same. I guess you can put a resistor or something in there and change the sound that way.

What are you talking about?

I believe the reference is to the futile nature of beating a dead horse in an effort to try and convince it to do something you want it to do. The subject of power cables and interconnects has been debated endlessly on these forums with no definitive answer to the ago old question "Do they make a difference?"

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #10 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the reference is to the futile nature of beating a dead horse in an effort to try and convince it to do something you want it to do. The subject of power cables and interconnects has been debated endlessly on these forums with no definitive answer to the ago old question "Do they make a difference?"

This isn't a debate thread, it's a survey.

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #11 of 108
Quote:

Regardless of the intent of this thread, asking someone their opinion logically may lead to debate; often heated debate.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #12 of 108
i used to not believe in power cables, but then i realized couldn't turn my equipment on. I got suckered into using one.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of the intent of this thread, asking someone their opinion logically may lead to debate; often heated debate.

I understand what you're saying. I think if people stick to discussing their personal experiences and beliefs this thread can progress without getting ugly.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 108
Quote:

It's a survey with a discussion thread attached to it. The inevitable will happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back