Do you believe in cables?
Jun 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #16 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of the intent of this thread, asking someone their opinion logically may lead to debate; often heated debate.

I like the poll--simple and interesting. The results are a lot more balanced that what I would have expected. This looks like a pretty big change in the skeptic direction compared to when I used hang around here 4 or 5 years ago.

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #19 of 108
I had always used regular run of the mill interconnects. I was using a 3 foot Acoustic Research RCA cable when I received some Zu Oxyfuel cables. I plugged em in thinkin' hey, it isn't gonna hurt. I was surprised to hear a sonic difference at the top end, it smoothed out a bit (not as grainy). Smoother sound maybe?

I dunno, but there was a difference one way or another.

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #21 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe in God, the rest have to be proved...for now BJC and Quail, do it for me...

After proving the later, I believe in the opposite.
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #22 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously. The horse is not getting any deader.

With today's advances in medicine, we have resuscitated the horse and placed it on life support while we beat it.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #25 of 108
I was reading through some old threads about HD650 cables since I was looking for one.

Folks were comparing Cable X vs. Cable Y vs. Senn stock cable

In every opinion voiced (X vs. Y, X vs. Senn stock, Y vs. Senn stock), one was better than the other in some cases, but worse in others. For example: Y had better highs than Senn stock, but the Senn stock had better bass slam and prat; X had less grainy mids than Senn stock, but Senn stock had a more expansive soundstage; etc.

Can well-designed, neutral cables really have these drastics affects? If a cable's job is to carry voltage/current from A->B, how can one well-designed cable be that much different from another? For sure, really cheap cables can filter certain frequencies, cause hum, etc. ....but I doubt Sennheiser uses such cheapies.

Or rather than Cable X being a "better cable", is there actually some sort of filtering built into aftermarket cables, making them act as a sort of EQ - attenuating certain frequencies and possibly boosting others? If this is the case, is it really worth the money to simply alter the sound in this manner?

Jun 17, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #26 of 108
I believe in surveys.

I don't believe in surveys

I don't have an opinion, and If I did I certainly would not share it
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #28 of 108
I believe if you have a dedicated 20A outlet to feed a pair of monster monoblocks, powering low impedance/high phase angle loudspeakers....and you run 16 guage power cords while attempting to listen to Stravinsky's Firebird Suites at 110db....12 guage power cords will probably make a difference.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #29 of 108
The horse is petrified, but can be revived with a mandrake potion. A slightly different take, although it probably has its own thread, but... Has anyone re-cabled their phones, and it made them worse??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back