Do you believe in cables?
Jun 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #91 of 108
I believe than cables are like filters.
each one have it's sound.
Sometime, we can heard, sometime no.
It's depend of the audio equipement (source, amp, headphone) and synergie.

Jun 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #92 of 108
Depends on the music I'm listening with.

It's not black/white difference, but recabling/interconnects did make audible improvements over some tracks I listen to.

Build quality over stock is much better though.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #94 of 108
Just got a used moon audio black dragon V1 for my HD 650.... have to admit.... it does help... the diff is more obvious than lossless vs 320AAC on itunes.  Really did open up the sound overall... might be cause HD 650 just generally scales well with changes? Perhaps some cans just simply respond better to cable changes than others... hence the differing opinions.

In all honesty though, not sure I've seen someone with HD650s who've tried upgrade cables say they didn't make a difference.  Yes, sometimes they didn't like the change... but there was still change.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #95 of 108
Cables vary becuase of the cdifferent gauges, lengths purtity. this affects the impedance and capicance of a cables. So cables do affect sound. Unfortunatley cable mftr. feed people alot bs for this  The ideal cable would be flat, like ribbon cables these affect the sound least in theory, Ive never owned any myself.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #96 of 108
Aftermarket headphone cables can make a difference (not necessarily better). However, they are all extremely overpriced. I suspect that non of the $300+ aftermarket cables will have a production cost of more than $10. This is similar to the market of fragrances. The nature of the demand side makes it super profitable for the supply side.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #97 of 108
From personal experience, I like silver cables as they just seem smoother (I recently tried my chord chorus against £90 Van den Hul interconnects that I had and was really surprised at how much more my new HD650'S 'shrieked' - relatively speaking - up top)

Regarding power cabling, if I have spent decent money on a mains filter/conditioner, it seems practical to use non-stock cable to get the cleaned up signal from it to the components, and indeed that is what I have done...

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #99 of 108
isn't it funny how silver cables sound bright, copper cables sound warm, and gold cables sound lush?  it's almost as if the color is affecting people subconsciously, and there is really no audible difference.... :wink:  

Quote:
From personal experience, I like silver cables as they just seem smoother (I recently tried my chord chorus against £90 Van den Hul interconnects that I had and was really surprised at how much more my new HD650'S 'shrieked' - relatively speaking - up top)
Regarding power cabling, if I have spent decent money on a mains filter/conditioner, it seems practical to use non-stock cable to get the cleaned up signal from it to the components, and indeed that is what I have done...

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #100 of 108
I'll take your word about gold cables. I've never tried to define copper ones except to say the one I had sounded less smooth than my Chord, which happen to be silver.
Incidentally, I perfectly understand the placebo effect, and if that is what is at work here, then so be it. I have at least peace of mind and can really listen to the music.
The real kicker is that I got the cables at a staff discount (cost over RRP) at minimal damage. Im not totally gullible... :wink:

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #101 of 108
all cars are the same....

all human beings are the same....

all headphones are the same...

all cables are the same....

once we stop breathing.

beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #102 of 108
Believe as in, that they make a difference.

Just a quick and dirty poll; no explainations required. Select whichever one you do and do not believe in.

Sure, they do!

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #104 of 108
Quote:
Simplistic answer, yes i believe in cables

And, as the thread starter says, no explanation needed! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #105 of 108
Yes I do.  I noticed the biggest difference in Power Cables and I just use the Cheapo Shunyata Venom 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back