Do you all get distortion listening to this?
Sep 25, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #17 of 40
My acer laptop (windows media player) -> fiio e7/e9 combo -> LCD2 
foobar2000 wont let me play the file using wasapi for some reason so i used windows media player and selected my usb dac as the playback device. windows 7 64bit here

Quote:
Try clicking on the link from the website directly.

Can I get some info on your setups? The two instances of no clipping so far have been with external devices. Also, is everyone using a 64-bit OS?

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 40
I was curious about this so I played it on my portable player with two different sets of earphones, and yeah, it's still there. I don't think there's any pattern to it. It's the recording.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #20 of 40
fufula, does your portable player do 24/96 or did you have to downsample?

We have one more USB user (firev) who tried with X-Fi HD USB and reported no distortion. However, since justie reports distortion using e7/e9 instead of sound card, I'm back to square one with that theory...

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #22 of 40
But then a handful of others have reported no distortion also, so it doesn't seem like the recording is the issue.

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #23 of 40
The overwhelming majority are hearing distortion though.
Those that don't hear it may have to listen more closely, or maybe their system is not revealing it.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 40
Both your system seem like they would reveal the distortion if it were intrinsic to the recording. Adda, if I'm correct, your system is entirely external except for the source? Maybe the difference is in something less obvious within the computer?

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #29 of 40
I get it too, a tiny bit around 0:26-0:28. 

Win7 64 & foobar2000 with Asio on a Xonar DS with Superlux HD668b headphones. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #30 of 40

Quote:
But then a handful of others have reported no distortion also, so it doesn't seem like the recording is the issue.

some gear is simply more inclinded to bring out distortion.. when i bought my lcd-2's i was amazed at how many of my albums had distortion in them that i had never heard before.  i then went back and listened through some of my cheaper gear.. i could pick it out, but i had to strain.. i never would have noticed it until i had some really resolving headphones on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back