do WOMEN like HEAD-FI??
Jan 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #16 of 170
I've never met a girl who could tell the difference in quality between sound from a radio, PC speakers and a high end setup. Hell, most aren't even interested enough to even try out good headphones. A few of them even said paying more than $5 for a pair of headphones is too much (I'm not even going to mention how much these same women spend on shoes and clothes).

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #17 of 170

Quote:
I've never met a girl who could tell the difference in quality between sound from a radio, PC speakers and a high end setup. Hell, most aren't even interested enough to even try out good headphones. A few of them even said paying more than $5 for a pair of headphones is too much (I'm not even going to mention how much these same women spend on shoes and clothes).

my fiancee is not as interested as me, but she does here the difference between the cans. Very good actually, now px100 isn't good enough for here anymore, especially after she heard the D7000's.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #18 of 170

Quote:

I had a girlfriend who wanted to listen to my set-up and really enjoyed it. She commented that "it sounds like I'm hearing exactly what the producers were hearing in the studio." However, as much as she enjoyed them, it didn't matter that much to her. There's no reason why there would be any woman who can't hear a difference, it's just that many don't care.

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 170

Quote:
There's no reason why there would be any woman who can't hear a difference, it's just that many don't care.

I think that's the crux of it. I do think that perfect fidelity (in the audio/visual sense!) is more important to men. My husband practically refuses to watch anything that's not in HD anymore. I couldn't really care less.

As for music, I'm usually so busy that I don't have time to just sit down and LISTEN. If I'm listening to music, I'm either working or cleaning or taking care of the kids -- so perfect audio quality isn't really necessary. For times when I CAN sit down and really pay attention, of course I prefer better quality (and I'm definitely getting pickier after hanging out here!).

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #21 of 170

Quote:

Where are you meeting these girls, in an earless factory??

I don't know anyone who can't tell the difference between a radio and a high-end set up. I think you're exaggerating. As for the "(I'm not even going to mention how much these same women spend on shoes and clothes)". -  I could say the same thing about guys and their 'look at me' macho power tools. Maybe you should start looking for girls with two ears
smile_phones.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #23 of 170
You can drive a nail through a plank of wood with a hammer. 
You cannot drive a nail through a plank of wood with a blouse. 

In my experience it is not about not hearing the difference; it seems that apathy is the problem. Oh well. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #24 of 170
It's not only women, but simply most people don't understand why the hell we spend so much money on headphones. Frankly, I don't understand it also sometimes.

But then, I have these moments with some of the cans, I just know why.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #25 of 170

Quote:

In my experience it is not about not hearing the difference; it seems that apathy is the problem. Oh well. 

You can wear a blouse in public.

You cannot wear a hammer in public.

Actually, I agree that it's not about 'not hearing the difference'. My ex appreciated good sound and could definitely hear the difference between my set up and his - but the point was he didn't care enough about it to spend money on it, not when the cool macho power tools were calling his name.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #26 of 170

Quote:
Quote:

You can wear a blouse in public.

You cannot wear a hammer in public.

Actually, I agree that it's not about 'not hearing the difference'. My ex appreciated good sound and could definitely hear the difference between my set up and his - but the point was he didn't care enough about it to spend money on it, not when the cool macho power tools were calling his name.

*slowly takes hammer out from the front of his pants*

*tiptoes away from the thread*

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #27 of 170
Jan 23, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #29 of 170

Quote:
I wear hammers everyday. You remember Lady Gaga's meat dress? I have one made of hammers.

It...gets...heavy...ughhhhhhh.

I drive a nail through a plank of wood every day with my blouse. It's a ritual now... I can't stop.

Yes I do remember that dress. I think she wore meat shoes too
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back