Do the Shure Black olives fit smaller than normal?
Aug 8, 2008 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered 10 Black olive fomies from shure, i've used their other sleeves before and Smalls were WAY too small and Larges were WAY too large and the Medium fit just right...

But I got the Medium black olives and they seem to fit a little small, like less of a seal than the stock dual flanges (M) size that comes with the SA6. (the L dual flanges fit way too big btw)

Anyone have the same experience?

Aug 9, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 18
TO me, the fit is roughtly the same, but I have very regular mid size ear canal.

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 18
So if I use the medium size bi-flanges that came with the SA6 would I get the medium foamies? Or would be better to get the large or small? And the 'Olives' that fit the SE530 fit the SA6 right?

Sorry to threadjack some, but I am to get some of the Black 'Olives' and will let you know if they fit weird in my ear or not.

Aug 9, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 18
I use both the mid size SA6 bi-flanges and olive with no problem at all.

Aug 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 18
The black olives were only meant to be put on with the tapered end going into your ear. And small olives work perfectly for me, about similar in size with the other tips that came with my previous Shures.

Aug 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 18
IMG_0294.jpg

Here's the size difference btwn large and medium...

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh, I really want to buy some L to try it out, but for another $25 bucks it seems pointless. I wish they made a mixed pack haha.

There is a fit pack that includes all three sizes of soft foam and soft silicon tips to try them. You can get them from Frequency City's ebay shop.

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh, I really want to buy some L to try it out, but for another $25 bucks it seems pointless. I wish they made a mixed pack haha.

Actually you can get the Shure Black Foamies for $15 from soundearphones.com with free shipping. That's where I am getting mine from. I will buy medium and see how they fit, I may need a different size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back