Do the Phonak Perfect bass resemble the triple.fi in any way? Soundwise...
Dec 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
Trying to get some of the characteristics that I loved about the triple.fi in another earphone.  I guess bright treble and decent bass quality and quanity even at the expense of have some recessed mids. 

I have tried the image s2's and 4's, the 4's were pretty decent for me, but I liked the treble extension in the triples a bit more...  I don't need as much bass as in the image's, but wouldn't want too much less than what the triples were offering.  Also the triples felt "quicker" to me...

I know the Panasonics might be another option as well...  I like the ove rthe ear design however...  My Sure e2c's are still the best fitting phones I have had...

Right now I have to rock some Beats Tour's... 

Thanks

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Thanks... I'll cross them off my list...  I am assuming the bass quantity would be pretty anemic compared to the Triples with the normal pfe's?

Yes it will. I have the normal PFE's and also the filters to make them like the "Perfect Bass" versions. It just waste of money if you thinkning they just create an whole different iem.  They still yes anemic compared to my TF10, way more close to an IEM like Etymotic ER-4 I would say. 
However, I do not find them dark sounding, not really at all.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 9
To my ears the lows are really overbearing the rest of the spectrum with the perfect bass filters, they sound really muffled. So i wouldn't call them anemic at all (and they have very good deep bass on top of that), but the bass quality isn't very good (it's nothing but a bass boost after all). The "normal" PFEs on the other hand (with black filters) are pretty balanced, so yes you may find them a bit light in the bass, or just spot-on (depending on your tastes).

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Sure.. sorry...  I like the bright treble, maybe I have lost some hearing in the past?  I have had Sennheiser ie6's in the past and found them too dark and leaked a fair amount of sound, although they have the best cables I have ever had.  I also like a decent amount of bass as well...  I guess you could say the "V" sound signature, but maybe a litt more like a "check" mark?  I had the s4'is and they had well enough bass, but the treble was not as "bright" as I would have liked and the triple's seemed more "energetic", not to generalize but they would sound great with West Coast Hip hop with the slower methodical beats, but not so much with faster techno/trance stuff.  Currently I have the Beats Tour on a spur of the moment purchase, and they aren't bad to me, but again, lacking in the treble (again extension specifically, I think). 

So I very much liked the treble
Mids were Ok to me
Bass was great, any less and I might have been dissappointed

I dunno... does that help?

Why I don't have another pair right now?
Price (kinda) but I may just deal and buy another pair they seem to be going down on ebay etc...
Fit (I was able to get a great seal, but when running they would always break the seal, was using Shure silicons, now I have some triple flange thingers, so maybe that won't be an issue anymore)  

Thanks

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 9
I have both the PFE 012 and the TF10's. IMO the PFE's with the original green filters seem to muffle the sound of the mids and highs... there's bass though, but not quality bass like the TF 10's. The PFE's in my IMO sound better with the black filters. Also, PFE's are hard to drive from just a DAP alone, and therefore must be used with an amp to bring out the sound to it's full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back