Do the CX300's have the "Sennheiser Sound"?
Mar 14, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #61 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
So, if I use the medium stock tip on my CX300's, would I need a medium flex sleeve? Has anyone actually compared the sound of the flex sleeves on the CX300's compared to the stock tips? Has anyone tried foamies?

Anyone?

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #62 of 80
Quote:

So, if I use the medium stock tip on my CX300's, would I need a medium flex sleeve? Has anyone actually compared the sound of the flex sleeves on the CX300's compared to the stock tips? Has anyone tried foamies?

if I use the medium stock tip on my CX300's, would I need a medium flex sleeve?
Most likely yes. The medium stock tip fits me perfectly. and I use medium flex for E3c. I guess you are in the same range too.

Has anyone actually compared the sound of the flex sleeves on the CX300's compared to the stock tips?
The review in amazon says "With Shure PA757M Flex Sleeve this Sharp/ Creative/ Sennheiser IEM sounds as if the sound stage become expanded without deterioration in sound quality".
one dude tried it on EP 630, "Just tried the EP-630's with my E2c flex sleeves. The sound is definitely improved although its considerably less comfortable for my ears. I'll probably suffer through the comfort and go with the E2c sleeves."
Flex sleeve is best fit in all those sleeve provided in E3c..I will definitly get it a try.

Has anyone tried foamies?
I don't know if E2c foamies will fit on CX 300.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #64 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZeppelin
it's back!!
39.99 for CX 300S at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...99869?n=172282

The cheapest I see is 53.95
mad.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #65 of 80
i'm currently using UE foamies on my cx-300s the sleeves are a tight fit on the cx-300. The sound is different, bass isn't as overbearing. Mids and highs are clearer, but don't take my word for it. Split a pack of foamies with friends.

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #67 of 80
Ok, i just got my ep-630's as well.

I have to agree with the previous poster in the area of sibilance.

The ep-630's do have noticeably less sibilance than the cx300s. NO sibilance, or atleast very much reduced from the cx300s...thank god!

I don't agree with the transparency and soundstage difference...I think the cx300s pronounced bass and treble may create that illusion(atleast to me). I think the creatives are actually more transparent due to their more balanced sound...more on that later though.

Where I disagree greatly is in the bass.

The cx300s bass goes slightly deeper...but to me it's noticeably LOUDER and thus seemingly boomy compared to the ep630. I'm surprised that this wasnt immediately noticed as it was apparent the very first few seconds I listened to them. Bass in the ep630 seems MUCH more balanced to me, not as pronounced. The cx300s seem have a large bass hump in the 40-100hz range, causing everything to sound veiled and bassy....FINALLY, the creatives give me a balanced sound and I don't need to eq them like I do with the cx300s. Sennheiser, in my opinion, pulled a sony and raised the bass and treble in certain frequencies to make them "sound better"

The cx300s are louder, more sensitive, this is easily noticeable...or is it? perhaps I'm just noticing the increase in the bass and treble as being more sensitive.

Frankly, I think Sennheiser is running a scam here at a list of anything more than 30. And I can't even believe that they would dare msrp these at 80!! The creatives are a bargain and I actually prefer the creatives due to their lack of sibilance, the cx300s sibilance rears its ugly head quite often for me and ruins much of the listening experience.

For those on the fence, I would say go with the ep630, the difference between them and the cx300 sound wise probably wouldn't even be determinable in a blind/casual listening test. But i have to stress again, right out of the box, the creatives are MORE BALANCED...noticeably better for me.

This is just after 15 minutes of listening, but its not hard to conclude that they sound very similar...same basic sound characteristic.

THIS IS MY CONCLUSION SUMMED UP...in my opinion, take the creatives basic sound characteristic, add more bass and more treble to yield an unbalanced sound and you have the cx300s. I'll stand firmly behind this evaluation and I think many of you with both will come to the same, unless my cx300s were defective somehow, which i highly doubt.

I've demoed a lot of very expensive speakers and I hate bass humps and pronounced treble...which is why I've always hated the sony fontopias...the creatives have solved that problem for me and the cx300s take the sony approach to my ears.

About 30+ mins of listening now and I stand by everything I've said....the creatives are an absolute bargain at 26 bucks, very balanced sound I;m extremely happy with them, they soundly beat the cx300s to me, no longer bassy, sibilant sound!

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #68 of 80
$40? HOLY CRAPZ I'm buying them now!

Man I can't believe the rate at which I'm buying audio equipment! I'm literally buying stuff left and right! Head-Fi has done irreparable damage to me, my wallet, and my auditory tendencies!!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #70 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabuza
I just ordered it at $39.99. Go check it out again, maybe it's been adjusted.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered another pair for my brother.
icon10.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #71 of 80
great review! one thing we all agree is that CX 300 is overpriced by all the hype review.. adn EP 630 is good bargain for sure.

for the bass part, I had totally opposite conclusion.. haha.. I think EP 630 takes sony's route and boost bass.."raised the bass in certain frequencies to make them "sound better"", but not raising treble. and CX 300 coldbloodly reflects the sound without boost any part..

anyway, it's feel great to read others' review.. lots fun!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by asap2006
Ok, i just got my ep-630's as well.

THIS IS MY CONCLUSION SUMMED UP...in my opinion, take the creatives basic sound characteristic, add more bass and more treble to yield an unbalanced sound and you have the cx300s. I'll stand firmly behind this evaluation and I think many of you with both will come to the same, unless my cx300s were defective somehow, which i highly doubt.

I've demoed a lot of very expensive speakers and I hate bass humps and pronounced treble...which is why I've always hated the sony fontopias...the creatives have solved that problem for me and the cx300s take the sony approach to my ears.

About 30+ mins of listening now and I stand by everything I've said....the creatives are an absolute bargain at 26 bucks, very balanced sound I;m extremely happy with them, they soundly beat the cx300s to me, no longer bassy, sibilant sound!

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #72 of 80
well, the creative's sound like a great deal at 26 shipped from amazon. but i got the cx300 for 25 shipped, used.
i like a littlle lift in the bass, and don't find the sibilance or midrange to be bad at all...so i probably won't get the creatives untill something happens to these

kinda strange how two people hear such a big difference in the bass of the creatives, though. one says the senns sound more blanced, while the other says the creative's are the more balanced canalphone

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #73 of 80
i dont seem to hear any sibiliance with them. only phones I had that problem with was with the HD201s.

at first, i had the same exact reaction as asap2006. i have about 75 hours on mine and im gonna say that the bass has been tamed a good bit. just give them a chance to burn in and i think they'll sound much better. ymmv though.

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #74 of 80
As subjective as this hobby is, the most subjective aspect seems to be IEM/canalphones. It really seems to vary so much based on seal and the shape of one's ear canal. Based on the recent reviews, I'm very tempted to try the EP-630's. However, I enjoy the bass of the CX300's and don't have any trouble with sibilance. Ahh, ain't diversity wonderful?
tongue.gif

PS - Amazon isn't currently offering free shipping on the EP-630's (although I'm sure they will again). The cheapest I find them right now is $27.99 shipped at Buy.com.

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #75 of 80
Quote:

As subjective as this hobby is, the most subjective aspect seems to be IEM/canalphones. It really seems to vary so much based on seal and the shape of one's ear canal. Based on the recent reviews, I'm very tempted to try the EP-630's. However, I enjoy the bass of the CX300's and don't have any trouble with sibilance. Ahh, ain't diversity wonderful?
tongue.gif

nod.. so happy with CX 300 too, I bought EP 630 for backup and sake of comparison(really want to know the answer in my ears.) now, I wear EP 630 to sleep everyday (I can not do the same thing to shure E3c, it sticks out. ).. haha..love it.

PS: I post EP 630@amazon link(it was from amazon with free shipping, not other vender throught amazon) in another forum.. within 20 mins EP 630 were all gone. only those non-free shipping from jr,OD third party left. hiahia..
creative keeps very low key for their EP 630 first time in US market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back