Do the CX300's have the "Sennheiser Sound"?
Mar 4, 2006 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

mektarus

500+ Head-Fier
I recently got the CX300's and love them. But, the only other Sennheiser I've heard is the HD590, which most say don't sound like any of the other Sennheiser's. So, what I would like to know is if the CX300's share a similar sound signature with any of the other Sennheiser headphones.

etysmile.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 80
I would say more like the new generation Senns (555/595 et al). Nevertheless, I would say that to me, the cx-300 sound kind-of like an in-between the HD-280 and the PX-100, but in an ear-canal mode. Does it make any sense?

The PX-100 has a very unique, very distinctive sound, and I've not heard that low bass "thud" in an open headphone that small in my life. The best thing about the CX-300, IMHO, is the soundtaging. Unlike other canal earphones I've used, the sound "opens up" around you, rather than feel like it's beamed inside your head. I'm very impressed with it.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visigodo
Unlike other canal earphones I've used, the sound "opens up" around you, rather than feel like beamed inside your head. I'm very impressed with it.

I can vouch for this. 50-60hrs so far of burn-in. Still too early to make assessments but so far, it has beaten other buds and iems i've tried.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 80
Thanks guys. Mine have 20-30 hrs on them so far and they seem to sound better with each passing minute. Right now I am listening to the "Sleepy Hollow" soundtrack and it sounds awesome.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Thanks guys. Mine have 20-30 hrs on them so far and they seem to sound better with each passing minute. Right now I am listening to the "Sleepy Hollow" soundtrack and it sounds awesome.

Yesterday I listened to the score by Ennio Morricone for "The Mission" in my CX-300 in my way to work. I actually sat down in a subway bench to finish it, which made me arrive to work a few minutes late. Doesn't matter, it was worth it. It was a pure EARGASM!!!

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
aren't they rebranded Sharp MD33S's ? I suppose that doesnt rule out their ability to sound like other senns though...

Yeah... you like the millionth person to ask this.

NO! They aren't rebranded.

The IE4 from Sennheiser is the rebranded on. The CX 300 uses totally different drivers. There is NO comparison.

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP
Yeah... you like the millionth person to ask this.

NO! They aren't rebranded.

The IE4 from Sennheiser is the rebranded on. The CX 300 uses totally different drivers. There is NO comparison.

Adam, this still isn't proven, so how would you know?

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
aren't they rebranded Sharp MD33S's ? I suppose that doesnt rule out their ability to sound like other senns though...

Sigh....

No, they are not.

And the Cx-300 are not the IE4 either. The specs that Sennheiser lists for both canal phones are quite different.

And this is the part when someone posts "well, all manufacturers fudge their specs."

And this is the part where I say "Senn is releasing two products with two very different specs and very different drivers. Even if they were to fudge their specs, it would be clear they are still selling two different products with two very different capabilities. Otherwise it would be outright fraud. And according to what people have posted in other threads, they DON'T sound alike."

rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #12 of 80
Okay, lets stop this argument.
But where did anyone actually compare the 2?
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

EDIT: I actually went through and read all 12 pages that dreaded thread...
It seems that they're BARELY different from the MD33S as 3 people reviewd it.

I don't think it really matters as it won't make much difference.
I'd get the Creative as it's like half the price, no?

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #13 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

At my house, oh yeah you are 15, ask your parents if you can leave the country to check . I'm SURE they won't mind.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

EDIT: I actually went through and read all 12 pages that dreaded thread...
It seems that they're BARELY different from the MD33S as 3 people reviewd it.

I don't think it really matters as it won't make much difference.
I'd get the Creative as it's like half the price, no?

the cx300 sounds much better than the ep360 even before burn in according to one post i read here.

Mar 5, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #15 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsnut
At my house, oh yeah you are 15, ask your parents if you can leave the country to check . I'm SURE they won't mind.
evil_smiley.gif

Sportnut, you some weird problems.
evil_smiley.gif

Everytime someone says they even sound SIMILAR to the MD33S or EP630, you have a anger going on. And over 3 members already said there are no significant differences between the cans.

And we wouldn't know if you had both cans, would we? We'd just take up the msgs you leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back