Do I need a new purchase?
Mar 24, 2011 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

versp

New Head-Fier
I currently am regularly using my Phonak Perfect Bass full time, but have a pair of Etymotic HF2's that I stopped using once I got the Phonaks and a pair of Shure E4C's that are still waiting for me to repair them.

I'm unsure as to whether to invest in a pair of headphones too now as well. Whilst I really would like a pair, I'm unsure whether it's a wise use of my money. What sort of advantages am I going to be getting by buying something new in the £100-150 sort of price range over what I currently have (either IEM's or portable headphones). In terms of what I'm looking for, I really do enjoy the Phonaks but feel the soundstage is kinda lacking and I'd really like the music to be a bit more involving if that makes sense.The separation could also probably be better.

In my short time here I've seen the ATH M50's mentioned countless times, however they look a little on the large side to me. Another thing I've seen here recently are the HD 25-1 II's which look sexy as heck but in the reviews on Amazon people seemed to criticize them for lack of a soundstage and separation which is what I think I'm looking for more of.

tl;dr Should I buy something else? If so, what should I buy?

Edit: Thought I should mention that I don't use an amp, and am purchasing a Clip+ sometime soon when I get round to it. Currently just using an iPod nano.
Edit2: In terms of the music I currently listen to, it's mainly rock, dubstep, drum 'n bass and some pop. Although that could really change at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back