Do Headphone cable upgrades really work?
Jan 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #47 of 61
Not true, unless your name is nobody.
So don't insult a guy who is giving his honest and true opinion. Many of us are evidence based. If you are not, good for you.

This thread shouldn't really be discussing views on scientific approach to listening, there are other threads in other subforums which are better places for that where it wont derail the thread. Not saying I agree or disagree with anything in particular but discussion of scientific views on this topic probably risk derailing the thread, simple anecdotes do not.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #48 of 61
That may be true, but there is not need to insult somebody who disagree. I you can't keep it civil, don't post.
Besides, there is a need for an opposite view. Newbies who read this may be persuaded that cables are worth it, and they may not be for them.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #49 of 61
This thread shouldn't really be discussing views on scientific approach to listening, there are other threads in other subforums which are better places for that where it wont derail the thread. Not saying I agree or disagree with anything in particular but discussion of scientific views on this topic probably risk derailing the thread, simple anecdotes do not.
The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. Some people though (like lenni) don't use words but a sledgehammer. That is not ok.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:
They certainly have an influence. To what degree is up to the user.

and also direction of change as well (though normally it is up)

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:
Not true, unless your name is nobody.
So don't insult a guy who is giving his honest and true opinion. Many of us are evidence based. If you are not, good for you.

you seem to be pretty upset by my comment...lol... I'm not sure why.

fact is, it's pretty obvious why this is a DBT-free forum; there's nothing inexplicable or bizarre about it... don't you think? - or do I have to spell it out for you?
so, if you don't want to get a straight reply to your comment, don't post stupid comments. I could go on and on about it, and make you really upset, but I won't.

I don't know whether you think cables upgrade is all a scam or not, and I don't care. this is not the forum to discuss science "theories". it may come as a surprise to you, but we don't care. if I want to read about telekinesis and psyche, I go to the science forum, where all the experts and knowledgeable people are.

don't get too upset... 

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #53 of 61
Deleted.

Will fix when I get to a comp. the mobile site is not cutting it right now for me!

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #54 of 61
Quote:
The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. Some people though (like lenni) don't use words but a sledgehammer. That is not ok.

I'd agree, and I'm aware of becoming unpopular making that kind of comments, but someone has to question the nonsense.

at some point you could not make a post in this forum without someone from the science crusaders replying within seconds. people who want to ask or post about cables should do so without feeling uneasy about it. 

it beggars belief. this's the cable forum. if cables are nothing to you - fine - just don't force your science beliefs down on others. (I'm talking in general, muxamed, not specifically at you) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:
I'd agree, and I'm aware of becoming unpopular making that kind of comments, but someone has to question the nonsense.

at some point you could not make a post in this forum without someone from the science crusaders replying within seconds. people who want to ask or post about cables should do so without feeling uneasy about it. 

it beggars belief. this's the cable forum. if cables are nothing to you - fine - just don't force your science beliefs down on others. (I'm talking in general, muxamed, not specifically at you) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually I don't see anything strange in people with different experiences replying differently to the question "Do cable upgrades really work?". The OP didn't expect an unbalanced answer, he expected a discussion I believe. Otherwise he wouldn't ask that question. It is an honest question which needs an honest answer, not an one-sided answer. We all have different experiences with cables and as such the OP's question can be answered in many different ways. Ithink it is important to respect that and to not attack people as soon as they have different opinion about something. To make a long story short I don't think that "science believers" are forcing their beliefs on others more then "cable believers" do. The best thing for everyone (and for the OP) is to test different cables and to make their own decision. On a forum like this we can only give our own honest opinions and that is what everybody here is trying to do.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #56 of 61
Lenni, you need to go to etiquette school.
I am not upset, just don't see a reason for bullies like you.
Having said that. I am out of this thread and you are in my ignore list.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #57 of 61
Guys,
Quote:
The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. 

I am sorry to have caused all this kerfuffle. Really, it's only HiFi. 

For those who missed it earlier, I had a listen and to my ears at least, there is a difference and an improvement. To me.

To others, who knows and who cares. If cables make no difference fer ya, don't buy 'em...

Cheerio Rich 

PS., I'll exit this thread here, it has run it's course I think, for me anyway...

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:
Quote:
I believe Suggestion and auto-suggestion play an extremely large part in assessing Hi Fi.

DBT discussion is banned in this part of the forums, to me this is inexplicable and bizarre.

However I would ask people to view my article here:

Suggestion and Auto-Suggestion in the Assessment of Audio Products

I'll tell what is bizarre. You posting in this forum about something you never tried and know nothing about; wanting to discuss auto-suggestion and other psychology theories here.  

you went to all that trouble to write that article (or whatever it is), and nobody gives a ****. it sucks

It seems bizzare, but the reason is that people are unable to discuss the topic in the forums without it ending up with posts such as this being made.

*CLOSED*

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #59 of 61
I always used to believe that cables made no difference, however, I recently bought some Hifiman HE400i headphones and wasn't happy with the stock cable due to the stiffness. So I bought a replacement off amazon https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WLKPWJG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I was quite happy with that but decided to make my own cable because I could and I was rather surprised to find out that it sounded better than the Amazon cable. As I wasn't, at all, expecting this I do actually believe that a cable can make a difference. However, the sum total of the parts cost was about £20 so that leads me to believe that the amazon cable must be crap. I still don't believe that you need to spends £100's on cables. MVIMG_20180711_1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #60 of 61
I just bought a pair of sivga sv004. It uses a basic 3.5 to 3.5 cable. The headphones comes with 2 cables, a 2 m cable and 4 feet cable with a microphone. Surprisingly the one with the microphone sounded better. I then bought a 9 dollar Chinese cable to compare. It sounded even better with more details and I heard things I hadn't heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back