Do bluetooth headphone adaptors exist?
Jul 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ez279

New Head-Fier
I know there are TONS of bluetooth transmitters and such, but I would like to use my ibiza rhapsody with bluetooth headphones, the only problem is, my headphones are beyerdynamics DT-770 pro, and there is no integrated bluetooth! Is there any kind of device I could plug my headphones into that would receive the signal instead?
I do have an amp so power wouldnt be an issue.

Help me!

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 9
yes there is, there is a couple i do believe motorola and jabra make some but the ones im familiar with are the sonyericsson ones

this is the one i have and use sometimes

Sony Ericsson - Accessories - Overview - HBH-DS200

HBHDS200_product_quality_image_1.png

on the end of it is a standard 3.5mm headphone jack so u can plug in whatever you like

not sure if the 220,205 and 200 were any different other than just comming with different earphones or not

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not sure if the 220,205 and 200 were any different other than just comming with different earphones or not

HBH-DS200 and 220 are exactly the same, just different colors and earphones. 205 is the newer model and lacks DSP (noise suppression) for speech.

I have these bluetooth receivers, all of which feature 3.5mm headphone out:
- Samsung SBH-650 (crappy, highs distorted)
- Jays Bluestreamer 2 (good SQ, some hiss but not too bad for commuting)
- Sony HBH-DS200 (good SQ, somewhat weak bass but good with an amp. I use it with the Icon mobile = great synergy)
- Sony DRC-BT15 (expensive but the best, very good SQ, better built-in amp than most mp3-players)
- Nexxus 3 in 1 (this one has also a built-in FM Transmitter, very weak bass and hiss on headphone out, but reasonable SQ with an amp)

Hope this helps!

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HBH-DS200 and 220 are exactly the same, just different colors and earphones. 205 is the newer model and lacks DSP (noise suppression) for speech.

I have these bluetooth receivers, all of which feature 3.5mm headphone out:
- Samsung SBH-650 (crappy, highs distorted)
- Jays Bluestreamer 2 (good SQ, some hiss but not too bad for commuting)
- Sony HBH-DS200 (good SQ, somewhat weak bass but good with an amp. I use it with the Icon mobile = great synergy)
- Sony DRC-BT15 (expensive but the best, very good SQ, better built-in amp than most mp3-players)
- Nexxus 3 in 1 (this one has also a built-in FM Transmitter, very weak bass and hiss on headphone out, but reasonable SQ with an amp)

Hope this helps!

I have HBH-DS200 and have to disagree about the bass - I use mine with my Nokia 5800 and the bass is almost as much as my Sony A818 mp3 player.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Jul 2, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 9
This is the on I use: Sony DRC-BT15. Bought it for my SE ceallphone but it works on my PC as well, playing and skipping music on WMP11 and has an independent volume control.

DRCBT15_lg.jpg

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have HBH-DS200 and have to disagree about the bass - I use mine with my Nokia 5800 and the bass is almost as much as my Sony A818 mp3 player.

I meant that bass is weak due to a weak inbuilt amp (= low power output). This is not a contradiction to having plenty of bass, but can be observed as uncontrolled bass at higher volume and/or with hard-to-drive headphones. It becomes instantly obvious if you AB the HBH-DS200/220 with the Sony DRC-BT15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back