Do americans eat toast?
Apr 25, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #31 of 77
I know this is going to pass over everybody's head, but why, when I saw the name of this post, did Alex from Flinter's stuff come to mind???
confused.gif
tongue.gif

I'm a sick, twisted b'stard.

Apr 25, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #32 of 77
I eat toast all the time! I toast bagels, too. My favorite breakfast is cheesy eggs, bacon, and PBJ toast.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #33 of 77
I eat toast often.
At home it's white toast fully coated with butter (margarine) out to the edges, and often times with Ski Queen gjetost cheese. I'm not fond of jelly or jam. Honey is nice occasionally.

On the road I usually go for sourdough toast because restaurant people never put enough butter on toast. So, I go for a more flavorful bread.

A couple over easy eggs, hashbrowns with red pepper flakes, minced garlic, onions, and a good shake of Tabasco then topped with salsa, and couple slices of well buttered toast. That is my normal breakfast.
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
...restaurant people never put enough butter on toast...

eek.gif

(10 character minimum? what?)

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
eek.gif

(10 character minimum? what?)

What?

Hey, Goose, you're a Supremus now.
wink.gif

I love toast. I can barely stand to eat bread unless it's toasted. Sandwiches on untoasted bread -- BLECH. What a WASTE.

- Chris

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #36 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
What?

Hey, Goose, you're a Supremus now.
wink.gif

I love toast. I can barely stand to eat bread unless it's toasted. Sandwiches on untoasted bread -- BLECH. What a WASTE.

- Chris

try posting just this:
eek.gif

I think he wanted to comment on my butter intake. Either that or he goes to restaurants that actually put enough butter on the toast so that you can tell it's there.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #37 of 77
Of course we eat toast. We have toasters and butter and jam and even mass produced plastic wonder bread to stick in it. I personally don't eat toast, mainly because I don't eat breakfast. just a cup of strong coffee and a cigarette for me till lunch.

Apr 25, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #40 of 77
Ugh, i love toast and if i was president i'd go to war with any country that said anything engative about my toast!
tongue.gif

Seriously tho, i'll buy a small semolina (topped with sesame seeds) from a local Italian bakery and have it sliced. Go home, toss four slices in my toaster and get the butter ready to go, and unlike those damn luncheonettes that are cheap with the butter, i spread butter out like i'm getting ready for a heart attack. Tastiest toast ever.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up so everyone can drool. Oh, am i the only one or do you guys like your toast well toasted?

Apr 25, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Sandwiches on untoasted bread -- BLECH. What a WASTE.

I agree.

Toasted sandwiches = warm, tasty, yum.
yum.gif

Untoasted sandwiches = cold, soggy, yuck.
puke.gif

D.

Apr 25, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #42 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Just a silly question but do American people eat toast?

Toasted bread is pretty common here. Possibly the most common form is in sandwiches since it helps keep the somewhat juciy contents of a sandwich from causing the bread to get really soggy. I rarely eat just toasted bread with butter on it, last time I did that was many months ago. But nearly every day I eat a sandwich which has toasted bread (I eat a lot of fast food). Unless the British really like soggy sandwiches I bet they also toast the bread on many of their sandwiches.

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #43 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
How on earth could it have been an American invention considering John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich back in 1765?

More sandwich facts and figures here: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Histo...ichHistory.htm

Reading that has given me an appetite

Pinkie.

Really? Hey, ya learn something new...
wink.gif
LOL! More info that I really didn't need
biggrin.gif
Thanks Pinkie!

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gort
Few years ago I saw on TV about British restaurants and you don't need a license to open up your own restaurant. And if I remember correctly, there's no regular inspections like here on US. That's sick. Primary reason why I'll never consider traveling there.

What?! I'm pretty sure they have inspectors....Either way, if that's your premise for not travelling you will die a most untravelled man
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back