Do all amps sound the same.
Feb 9, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For informational purposes only, not for discussion.

USG

Well, for informational purposes only, and not for purposes of discussion, it's against the rules of the forum.
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's only a problem if you make it a problem.

What!? Haven't others already made it clear that they have a problem with it? It's against the rules of the forum, for a good reason. If you want to discuss DBT's, why don't go do it in the Sound Science forum.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What!? Haven't others already made it clear that they have a problem with it? It's against the rules of the forum, for a good reason. If you want to discuss DBT's, why don't go do it in the Sound Science forum.
rolleyes.gif

Yep, double that. As much as I hate to get into it, I must admit that my perception of DBT testing makes it a completely useless test, switching things constantly back and forth makes it hard for me to test things. Now when I listen to something for a few hours, like an entire CD, go for lunch, come back and do it again on a different system, then I can usually see differences.
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #8 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, double that. As much as I hate to get into it, I must admit that my perception of DBT testing makes it a completely useless test, switching things constantly back and forth makes it hard for me to test things. Now when I listen to something for a few hours, like an entire CD, go for lunch, come back and do it again on a different system, then I can usually see differences.
wink.gif

especially if you had a couple or more beers during lunch...
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 112
Quote:

The "challenge" may not let you pit an 8W 300B SET amp against a 100W MOSFET amp, but I think, as in the original Stereo Review test, Link to Original Test

it will let you pit a $200. Pioneer

pioneer.jpg

against 12k Futterman monoblocks.

futterman.jpg

Then why is that?

Will you agree that a 300B amp and a MOSFET amp sound different? Your argument seems to prove the point, does it not?

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #11 of 112
Quote:

Will you agree that you would not be able to tell the difference between the $200 Pioneer and the 12K monoblocks?

USG

Having not heard them, I won't agree that I can tell a difference, but I think I could. Seriously, this is against the forum rules, lets not get into DBT discussions.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having not heard them, I won't agree that I can tell a difference, but I think I could. Seriously, this is against the forum rules, lets not get into DBT discussions.

I thought discussing only double-blind testing of cables was against the forum rules.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #13 of 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back