DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
May 10, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #4,457 of 4,461
I've been comparing my ha300 mk2 to my stratus v4. I liked stratus more until I changed new production tung sol to some sylvania chrome tops in the cayin and wow my mind was blown. Its taken a significant step beyond stratus.

So now im looking to roll stratus v4. I have the cheapest psvane 2a3 tubes. Any recommendations? I don't think id spend more than $1k on 2a3 tubes.

May 10, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #4,458 of 4,461
I've been comparing my ha300 mk2 to my stratus v4. I liked stratus more until I changed new production tung sol to some sylvania chrome tops in the cayin and wow my mind was blown. Its taken a significant step beyond stratus.

So now im looking to roll stratus v4. I have the cheapest psvane 2a3 tubes. Any recommendations? I don't think id spend more than $1k on 2a3 tubes.
Your safest bet is the Psvane Acmes, and they're well under your budget. Many people on this thread are using them and can speak to them.

Though to me they miss that NOS magic - I'm currently running some vintage GE 2a3s, but will roll the Acmes back in at some point.

I find my v3 Stratus to be more 'refined' than the HA-300 but I do think they're on relatively equal footing, just different. If you think of amps like women, the Stratus is an elegant, tall and lithe lady wearing a striking blue dress while the HA-300b is a thicker, more buxom babe.

May 10, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #4,459 of 4,461

as bigjako said, the Psvane Acme are excellent. I got them used in the classifieds for super cheap for a pair. i also love some NOS RCA as well. A bit more vivid and dynamic vs the Acme. Got to demo the legendary Takatsuki for a few hours and that left me craving a pair, though that's most definitely outside your budget. IMO the RCA or Acme are a great place to start that won't break the bank, and sound amazing.

May 10, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #4,460 of 4,461

Can’t go wrong with NOS RCA 2A3s. I’m running a pair from the ’40s. Really brings that triode “magic.” I paid $280 for them with 10 hours of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back