DNA Stellaris
Aug 13, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #526 of 683
Good luck getting your Rossini back. Mine was upgraded a while ago - WOW - is all I can say.
Now just waiting for my Stellaris to arrive - however I am having fun "slumming" it with my Kerry T2
Enjoy

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #527 of 683
It should have been back already. I was told that there were upgrade kits with defective or too short cables. New cables are being sent from England ETA two weeks.

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #528 of 683
I’m a member on the dCS forum and read about the same problem. Stuff happens. Trust me it will be worth the wait.
Are you using the Rossini strictly for headphones? Mine is in my two channel Naim system. A Linn Klimax DS fronts the headphones

Aug 13, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #529 of 683
I was reluctant initially to spend that kind of money for a headphones only system but the Rossini eliminated the streamer box and was over the air upgradeable as my last DAC. I did not expect an expensive hardware upgrade a mere year after purchase. With this tube upgrade and the DAC upgrade I am not sure there is anywhere else to go.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #532 of 683
Hi Genefruit,

i have put on Stratus the KR2a3, they are new and have less than 10 hours of life. I found these KR very dynamic but extremely bright with the HD800. The setup with Elrog and KR2a3 you use with which headphone?
The setup GEC U52 rectifier, and ACME 2a3 you think is better with HD800?

Thanks and regards
I’ve found the Stellaris to be neutral but can be teased for some warmth with the right tube combo. I found 6bq7a input, with a GEC U52 rectifier, and ACME 2a3 to be the warmest of my tube options. Juxtapose, a Ruby Tiger selected 6n1p, with Elrog 5u4g, and KR 2a3 HP to be very neutral.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #533 of 683
Hi Genefruit,

i have put on Stratus the KR2a3, they are new and have less than 10 hours of life. I found these KR very dynamic but extremely bright with the HD800. The setup with Elrog and KR2a3 you use with which headphone?
The setup GEC U52 rectifier, and ACME 2a3 you think is better with HD800?

Thanks and regards
I don’t have the HD800, so no reference. Used at that point in time with Utopia. Use with Susvara and DCA Expanse/Stealth now. I don’t find them bright but chain variances likely have impact. My system and past are in my signature.

Dec 29, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #534 of 683
Are you all healthy in the COVID-19 era?
Recently, I found a headphone that matches DNA Stellaris so well that I leave a short message.
It's a headphone called JAR800. That's right. It's a modified headphone for the sennheiser HD800.
I think it's the best DD headphones. Matching with DNA Stellaris is too resonant.
Each sound is elastic.
The body is clearly drawn throughout the music.

The sound is so good that I have no choice but to post it.
After some time, care to expand further with more development with JAR?

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #536 of 683
It's the best. It's my taste. The sound is so good that I sell KGSSHV carbon cc. The microdynamics provided excellent, really honest sound
Thanks. I have one on order but to be frank, I remain a little skeptical in the context it can compare to the 1266 TC.

But I consider myself prudent to try.

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #537 of 683
Thanks. I have one on order but to be frank, I remain a little skeptical in the context it can compare to the 1266 TC.

But I consider myself prudent to try.
I understand what you're talking about. The two headphones have different hardware. And yet you'll be satisfied with Jar800. I also have abyss1266 tc, but these days I have more hands on jar800.

Dec 30, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #538 of 683
I understand what you're talking about. The two headphones have different hardware. And yet you'll be satisfied with Jar800. I also have abyss1266 tc, but these days I have more hands on jar800.
Are you speaking in context of serial numbers? It's a bit exciting to see what they can do, I may also grab the RD-4 considering the community work is in strong force.

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #540 of 683
I heard that there is a difference in sound depending on the serial number of hd800, which is the basis of jar800.
Yes, but the same hardware or modification program. The differences are due to the changes to the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back