DNA Stellaris
Aug 22, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #451 of 683
HD820 is a good choice too, I've sold the Verite. Trying the D8000s now.
I can see that. I have the HD800 and they are really good as well. I am waffling between keeping and selling the Verite. They aren't being used really but I was waiting until I saw something I wanted to try.

I am interested in the D8K. I am trying them out next weekend and I think they could be a good combo as well. Interested to see your findings on it.

Aug 22, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #452 of 683
I can see that. I have the HD800 and they are really good as well. I am waffling between keeping and selling the Verite. They aren't being used really but I was waiting until I saw something I wanted to try.

I am interested in the D8K. I am trying them out next weekend and I think they could be a good combo as well. Interested to see your findings on it.
As I live in Brazil, I will receive them in about a 45 days. Will post my impressions here.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #453 of 683
I was looking into potentially the 1266, but not sure if anyone here has tried it and what they thought. Just trying to see what others enjoy, could be a can I investigate and get to pair with the Stellaris.

The Abyss and Stellaris is an excellent pairing. Excellent. World class in fact. BUT and this is a BIG BUT, the Stellaris is better paired with HD800's, HD600's or Utopia than the Abyss and the Abyss is better paired with bit arse Class A beast than the Stellaris. Basically, it's a great pairing but there are better headphones for the amp, and better amps for the Abyss.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #454 of 683
The Abyss and Stellaris is an excellent pairing. Excellent. World class in fact. BUT and this is a BIG BUT, the Stellaris is better paired with HD800's, HD600's or Utopia than the Abyss and the Abyss is better paired with bit arse Class A beast than the Stellaris. Basically, it's a great pairing but there are better headphones for the amp, and better amps for the Abyss.
Hmmmm, well it seems I might already have all the best headphones to pair with the Stellaris then, I got the HD800, HD600 series, and Utopia. Maybe I will just be happy.

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #456 of 683

The Utopia pairing is excellent. I wonder which planar might pair best with DNA as a complement. The contenders for high sensitivity planars include D8K, HE1000, LCD-4, and RAD-0.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #457 of 683
Hey all,

I was going to grab a new pair of 2A3 for the Stellaris and was looking into the Acme 2a3 or the LinLai e2a3. Does anyone have experience with either or both on the Stellaris? Trying to see which to grab. Thanks for the help

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #458 of 683
Hey all,

I was going to grab a new pair of 2A3 for the Stellaris and was looking into the Acme 2a3 or the LinLai e2a3. Does anyone have experience with either or both on the Stellaris? Trying to see which to grab. Thanks for the help
Have the Acmes, good ones. I prefer them over the Emission Labs. Good bass, good control. With the right rectifier, it's perfect.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #460 of 683
Stellaris #24 has landed here today after 352 days in the queue. Swapped in a Ruby Tiger input tube, GEC built U52, and RCA monoplates. No hyperbole will be provided at this time. As expected, shiny new component syndrome is in full effect. I'm pleased and it was worth the wait.

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

Jan 16, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #462 of 683
Hey all,

I had the Acme 2a3s for about a year before they started to become noisy and unpleasant with hum in one channel. Replaced with LinLai e2a3s in July. So far no issues and the sound is good. I don't remember the exact difference but it is not an issue.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #463 of 683
Stellaris #24 has landed here today after 352 days in the queue.
I wonder if the numbers are sequential i.e. if only 24 have been made? 352 days? I ordered mine in August and Donald quoted June as an ETA - so perhaps a bit shorter😉

Did you order any upgrades? I specified mine with the upgraded stepped attenuator. The demo Stratus I had for almost two months had very little usability range on the volume pot. Boy did it sound good though. I have big expectations for the Stellaris..

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #464 of 683
I wonder if the numbers are sequential i.e. if only 24 have been made? 352 days? I ordered mine in August and Donald quoted June as an ETA - so perhaps a bit shorter😉

Did you order any upgrades? I specified mine with the upgraded stepped attenuator. The demo Stratus I had for almost two months had very little usability range on the volume pot. Boy did it sound good though. I have big expectations for the Stellaris..
I think its sequential. Maybe Donald has a lot of orders now. Mine takes 2 months to get build. Order balanced tho, but with normal pot.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #465 of 683
Stellaris #24 has landed here today after 352 days in the queue. Swapped in a Ruby Tiger input tube, GEC built U52, and RCA monoplates. No hyperbole will be provided at this time. As expected, shiny new component syndrome is in full effect. I'm pleased and it was worth the wait.

IMG_3646.jpeg
IMG_3647.jpeg

congrats man!
Is it going to be used to drive your TC and Susvara? or Elite and LCD5?
take good care of the blue finishing! the unit I borrowed from a friend had tonnes of swirl marks on the paint which i suppose was from using tissue paper or not getting rid of excess dust before wiping it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back