DNA Stellaris
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #166 of 683
Donald has completed and checked out "my" Stellaris, and I suppose in 2-3 weeks I will see it in Denmark. I am thrilled.

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #169 of 683
Does anyone, here, use the HE1000 (original version) or the Focal Clear with the Stellaris? If so, what are your impressions?

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #172 of 683
With the new Stratus upgrades, it's making a hard choice between these 2 amps.

If I buy a Stratus new, does it come with the upgrades and for the same price? Or was there any increase? I followed Don's amps after my original Sonett #002, but went off the reservation for a while with Solid State. Thinking about making my way back now, maybe even right back to DNA...

And as for the recent talk of the HE-6, snap one up! I got mine about a year and a half ago and they're fantastic! Certainly never leaving my stable, but I am thinking of selling my HEKv1s... Haha.

Anyway, the HE-6 comes and goes from the classifieds. About 6 months back there were quite a few pairs, selling around $800-900. I'd tell anyone in a heartbeat to buy a pair of they're remotely entertaining the idea.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #174 of 683
With the new Stratus upgrades, it's making a hard choice between these 2 amps.

If I buy a Stratus new, does it come with the upgrades and for the same price? Or was there any increase? I followed Don's amps after my original Sonett #002, but went off the reservation for a while with Solid State. Thinking about making my way back now, maybe even right back to DNA...

If you buy a new Stratus from Donald, then it will be the latest build with all the upgrades included in the list price.

May 1, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #178 of 683
Just received my Stellaris yesterday! Its #6. Out of the box, the sound is already really really good playing thru HD800SDR. The clarity, resolution and 3d dimentionalities of the sound stage on this amp is crazy good. All I can say is wow and a year wait has been well worth it. Cant wait until its fully burn-in!

That can't be right?
There had to be more than just 6 Stellaris made up to now.

May 1, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #179 of 683
image3.jpg
That can't be right?
There had to be more than just 6 Stellaris made up to now.

Apparently, only 6 Stellaris have been produced up until yesterday!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back