DJ headphones for portable usage
May 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/t/662919/need-advise-on-buying-good-headphones-for-trance#post_9416693

^This 
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 7
Which "DJ" cans are you looking at?

If your phone provides enough power to drive headphones, then I would say no, if it does not then I would say yes.

You can always try without an amp first, and if you don't like the output level then pick up an amp. Like a FiiO, C&C BH, CMoy BB etc...
- Or -
You can try with an amp first, and if you find that you don't need it just return it for a refund, from a place that has a good return policy like Amazon etc...

biggrin.gif

May 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Which "DJ" cans are you looking at?

If your phone provides enough power to drive headphones, then I would say no, if it does not then I would say yes.

You can always try without an amp first, and if you don't like the output level then pick up an amp. Like a FiiO, C&C BH, CMoy BB etc...
- Or -
You can try with an amp first, and if you find that you don't need it just return it for a refund, from a place that has a good return policy like Amazon etc...

biggrin.gif

I'm looking for Technics RP-DH1200 and I got a Sony xperia P

May 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Well from a quick google, the Sony Xperia line seems to have poor output levels for headphones, so I'd look at an amp to go with the phone.

May 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Not necessarily.
If you have to run the phones volume output full or almost full to get a decent listening level, (not loud enough to damage your hearing though) then you should put an amplifier on the phone.

That way you can still run the phone's volume at 95 % and the amplifier will provide the power necessary to drive the headphones properly with room to spare.

It's like if you put a really small motor in a car, the small motor would make the car go, but it would never have the power to get it up to highway speeds, for a very basic analogy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back