DJ Headphones: Beats Mixr vs. Aiaiai TMA-1 DJ Beatport Edition
Feb 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

diima

New Head-Fier
I am between the Beats Mixr and the Aiaiai TMA-1 DJ Beatport Editions. If anyone has experience with one, or both of them and could sum up both and give me a small review, that'd be great.

I have Solo HDs right now and like them but they feel fragile when I move them off of one ear. I like that the Beats twist to move but the Aiaiais are very rugged, flexible, and sturdy enough to move.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 10
If you're serious about your mix, you might want to consider neutral monitor headphones like the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. If you just want good headphones with some style in mind consider something from V-Moda, Citiscape Uptowns, or Koss DJ100s.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 10
I've tried all of them at best buy. The Aiaiais sounded better but I can't really compare the mixr with them because i have to walk across the store from one to the other. Plus I cant use my own music on the beats.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #7 of 10
AKG K267 Tiesto. I have mixed with them. Solid volume and clearly hearable beats / snare / bass. Also have listenend to the mexrs and pros and solos. The solos are quite... meh in sound quality. The AKGs blow all 3 beats products out of the water.

Also works nice for general music listening.

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 10
AKG K267 Tiesto. I have mixed with them. Solid volume and clearly hearable beats / snare / bass. Also have listenend to the mexrs and pros and solos. The solos are quite... meh in sound quality. The AKGs blow all 3 beats products out of the water.

Also works nice for general music listening.

Seconded. Get the Shure SRH-750 pads for them as well.

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 10
Why Beats?? http://www.head-fi.org/t/599345/beats-mixr-first-impressions 

You should at something like AT ATH-M50's, better and way cheaper alternative.

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #10 of 10
I got the Aiaiais. Major step up in quality from the Beats I had. Bass is nice but not very overwhelming. The highs and mids are far more pronounced. Love it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back