DJ headphones...are they (even) worth it ?
Oct 17, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer Pioneer HDJ-1000. imo it's better than V700s in all department.

to the OP, if you really like bass, those AKG may be your answer. or try the Beyer DT770s. not a DJ can, but they present bass very well imo.
biggrin.gif

well, already got my AKG's...just curious about another manufacture/brand, maybe...
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only tried the V700s, but I'd write a pretty favorable review of them for the price. It's not a pair I use at home for listening anymore (got some HD650s for that), but they're certainly fine for electronic/club music.

More importantly - to me - is that they seem pretty indestructible. I usually break headphones within a year or so of use, but my V700s have been tossed around in every conceivable situation for a good three years now. They show signs of wear, but they still work fine. Just be warned, the cord on them sucks, and WILL get messed up.

Take 'em for a listen, since you can find them at almost any store that sells headphones. I remember being wowed by them three years ago. So long ago...

V700's huh ? i'll remember that...i'll tested if it available at local audio store, thx for the info buddy...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all the matsu****a sound products i have tested failed to impress me, a pair of IEM´s actually disgusted me, when it comes to headphones, i would pass on any matsu****a,

btw, matsushuta = panasonic = technics
they have tons of good products, and extreamly good mid range electronics, but for some reason, headphones escape their know how,

hmmm, i c...matsu****a = panasonic = technics ?! thx for explaining it to me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIrak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a good group review of DJ-headphones at www.skratchworx.com
I'm using RP-DJ1210's for DJ'ing, but they are way too tight for normal listening, at least on my head. Very good isolation, and very durable (I've used mine almost daily for approx. 7 years. There seems to be the general consensus that Technics got only two DJ products right, the SL-12XXMkX turntables and the RP-DJ12X0 headphones.

well, i'm not actually want it to DJing...but from what i need it's almost the same, deep bass, bright detail, good isolation in-out, and not too big + flexible (maybe not to portable as Portapro or Px100)...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #17 of 39
If you want deep bass, you could try Ultrasone DJ1 headphone. If they are anything like Proline serie in bass extension and subbass strength, it should be truly marvelous basshead can.

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want deep bass, you could try Ultrasone DJ1 headphone. If they are anything like Proline serie in bass extension and subbass strength, it should be truly marvelous basshead can.

Ultrasone DJ1 ? i doubt it available on local store here on my country...
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHunt79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My RPDJ 1200's are ok, but I prefer the sound of my HD25 concordes.
smily_headphones1.gif

HD25 concordes ? what it's look like ?
confused.gif
and what the diff from HD-25 SP or HD-25 original ?

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD25 concordes ? what it's look like ?
confused.gif
and what the diff from HD-25 SP or HD-25 original ?

They're just a high impedance version of the HD-25 SP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHunt79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're just a high impedance version of the HD-25 SP.
smily_headphones1.gif

oh, i c...thx for the explanation...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone heard the Beyer DJ cans? DJX-1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...eadphones.html

yes, i forgot about that type too...impression from DJX-1, anyone ?
confused.gif
curious too, as well...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 39
I switch between my Stanton DJ PRO2000 and Senn HD580 at the moment. For a DJ can to even be considered in the same realm as an all time legend like the Hd580 is saying a lot. But these Stanton are really really good!!!! Plus Tiesto use to used them too.

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #26 of 39
Oct 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 39
Speaking in general, from what I have read the Behringer products in mixer/electronic devices have not good reputation in quality terms, just basic device that works for little money, but might not be most durable or reliable. I doubt the headphones will be anything better.

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, how about this one guys ? i found it very cheap here (on my country)...
biggrin.gif

http://www.djdeals.com/behringerHPS3000.htm or http://www.djdeals.com/behringerHPX2000.htm

are they (behringer) good ?
confused.gif

I'd personally stay away from these headphones...don't get me wrong..I use behringer products all the time in my regular gigs, a BCD2000 and FCA202, and they are value for money, but the behringer headphones simply suck...I currently use Technics RPDH1200's and they are marvelous for my DJital DJing equipment and simply completes my DJ gigs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back