DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jan 31, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #496 of 678

Pip-Boy 3000?

Did a pipboy type theme way back when - hence my avatar. I'll probably just port that one over, maybe do an orange one like in NV.
That old theme should still be available if you want to see the x3 in all it's bugged out glory
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #498 of 678
Hello all!

I'm brand new to the Head-Fi forum (as a member, anyway), so go easy on me...

I have a couple of questions regarding X3 theme mods; perhaps someone out there can help.

1) One significant item I haven't been able to modify are the two time fields at the bottom of the basic "Now Playing" screen - the ones that show elapsed time and total time of the track currently playing. Is there any way to do that with the theme mod tools we've been given?

2) Also, I loved the theme that JamesFiio posted back on page 3 of this thread. Does anyone know if that theme is available somewhere to download? (The links on the JamesFiio post I mentioned don't seem to work anymore).

Thanks to all hereabouts for all the assistance and information you provide to us all...

- orsonwellz 

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #499 of 678
  Hello all!

I'm brand new to the Head-Fi forum (as a member, anyway), so go easy on me...

I have a couple of questions regarding X3 theme mods; perhaps someone out there can help.

1) One significant item I haven't been able to modify are the two time fields at the bottom of the basic "Now Playing" screen - the ones that show elapsed time and total time of the track currently playing. Is there any way to do that with the theme mod tools we've been given?

2) Also, I loved the theme that JamesFiio posted back on page 3 of this thread. Does anyone know if that theme is available somewhere to download? (The links on the JamesFiio post I mentioned don't seem to work anymore).

Thanks to all hereabouts for all the assistance and information you provide to us all...

- orsonwellz 

1: no, I don't think that is mod-able.
2: those themes from early in the thread are for very early versions of the firmware. Quite a big difference from what we have now. I suppose it would be possible to update the theme for the newest firmwares, but as you mentioned trying to find it would be the problem. Hopefully somebody on this thread has a copy they can send/link to you.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #502 of 678
  Just wondering, how is this only 16 mb compared to stock fw of 37 mb?

The font file from the stock firmware is pretty big at ~20MB. It contains characters from all the languages supported by the X3. Most of the modded themes here generally use fonts that only support English or may be a few more languages. That's one of the reasons why the stock firmware's so large.

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #504 of 678
  We've tried with clee290 for X1.
It seems that size could be adjusted (increased) quite a bit by increasing images in /number/ folder.
The example for 6x12px is here.

I'll give that a try, but it seems like they are hard-coded on the x3. Tried changing colours, and they always show up white now.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #505 of 678
  We've tried with clee290 for X1.
It seems that size could be adjusted (increased) quite a bit by increasing images in /number/ folder.
The example for 6x12px is here.

I'll give that a try, but it seems like they are hard-coded on the x3. Tried changing colours, and they always show up white now.

I think, with the current X3 firmwares, the elapsed/remaining time is rendered as text using the system font (msyh.ttf) with a preset color (white) rather than using the images in the "number" folder. And there are no customization options (font size, color, etc.) for this in the theme configuration file (config.ini).

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #506 of 678

I think, with the current X3 firmwares, the elapsed/remaining time is rendered as text using the system font (msyh.ttf) with a preset color (white) rather than using the images in the "number" folder. And there are no customization options (font size, color, etc.) for this in the theme configuration file (config.ini).

An easy way to check if that is the case is to change the font file and see if the numbers change as well.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #507 of 678

An easy way to check if that is the case is to change the font file and see if the numbers change as well.

I tested this afternoon with the X3 emulator (litegui.exe) and can confirm that the system font is used.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #508 of 678
Yup...I tried scaling and changing the colours of the number gfx, and made no difference anymore. Just different variations between models....on the x5 you apparently can change the colour of the text in the topbar (or font size either, if I remember correctly)

Also some good news(?)....after much slacking, I've finally gotten around to updating my list theme. Just a few more things to be finished, should be up in the next day or two.

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #510 of 678
Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn7bo60cf73ue2o/x3v3.3.7z?dl=0

Also included a new music operation menu:

I haven't had the time to fully test it on an actual x3, so there might be some bugs,colour issues, etc. I also started this pack off of @sandman1990 theme, and there may be some of his icons left over - I apologize if there is. Haven't fully fleshed out a standardized colour theme yet, so the vol, and some buttons are still kind of a mish-mash. Should be fixed in time. I'm also thinking about prettying up the music op. menu and making it a full theme .

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back