DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Nov 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #316 of 678
For anyone going to make a v3.22b based theme, please note that the coordinate file launcher.ini is used for both the main screen and the library screen. category.ini seems unused.

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #317 of 678

Might get round to it eventually. Honestly, I'm getting tired of the list version and been working mostly on my x1-ish port. There have been some changes to firmware 3.22b (categories - playlist support), so can't just copy the new .bin to get an upgrade. Either way, probably won't post anything till we get a final release (read non beta), since we can't tell what's gonna need to be changed.
Have a look here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684793/diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3/270#post_10999259. Also has some other goodies included.

Thank you Mr Trev 
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #318 of 678
  For anyone going to make a v3.22b based theme, please note that the coordinate file launcher.ini is used for both the main screen and the library screen. category.ini seems unused.

I also should point out that some of the gfx used in the category(database) menu are actually located in the m3u folder.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #323 of 678
Nov 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #327 of 678
Here's a green on black monochrome theme I made. It is inspired by old timey terminals with monochrome screens. It's pretty much just a recolor of the original theme, but I made some custom icons. This theme provides extremely high contrast, meaning you can probably tone down your backlight brightness somewhat.

Boot up and shut down sequences are animated. The font is changed to a Japanese pixelated font. This shaved off a good 15 megabytes from the firmware, but many Chinese characters can't be displayed.

I hereby name this theme Terminal Green.

Based on 3.24 Beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/47fmdnxtfpi6omf/x3.fw?dl=0

AiIHWT9.png
90cZo9a.png
pNI85hz.png

Known issues:
[spoiler ]-Some of the text is still white for some reason
-The battery indicator is VERY messy
-Logo that is displayed on boot is messed up/not displaying at all
-Boot animation shows wrong firmware version [/spoiler]

To do:
-Fix color inconsistencies
-Fix the Boot animation
-Fix the battery indicator
-Fix the boot logo
-Create custom icons for everything
-Create a new shutdown animation

Comments, feedback and so on are appreciated! Also, if anyone wants to take this theme and make it better, go ahead!

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #328 of 678
Here's a green on black monochrome theme I made. It is inspired by old timey terminals with monochrome screens. It's pretty much just a recolor of the original theme, but I made some custom icons. This theme provides extremely high contrast, meaning you can probably tone down your backlight brightness somewhat.

Boot up and shut down sequences are animated. The font is changed to a Japanese pixelated font. This shaved off a good 15 megabytes from the firmware, but many Chinese characters can't be displayed.

I hereby name this theme Terminal Green.

Based on 3.24 Beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/47fmdnxtfpi6omf/x3.fw?dl=0

AiIHWT9.png
90cZo9a.png
pNI85hz.png

Known issues:
-Some of the text is still white for some reason
-The battery indicator is VERY messy
-Boot animation shows wrong firmware version

To do:
-Fix color inconsistencies
-Fix the Boot animation
-Fix the battery indicator
-Fix the boot logo
-Create custom icons for everything
-Create a new shutdown animation

Comments, feedback and so on are appreciated! Also, if anyone wants to take this theme and make it better, go ahead!

what programme are you using to make the icons? If photoshop, feather the edges of the icons just to give them a little bit of smoothness

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #329 of 678
  what programme are you using to make the icons? If photoshop, feather the edges of the icons just to give them a little bit of smoothness

It seems to me that the pixelized style is completely foreseen…

The GOD of VT100s may strike you with thunder bolts (highly pixelized, of course) to punish you for asking such "a little bit of smoothness" !
beyersmile.png

... ...

I like it! Reminds me my younger days, developing in ADA on a old VT320…
EDIT: and the icons in settings menus are very good! #OldTimers…

Originally Posted by Apeirogonova /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the boot logo (the very first picture shown on the boot, not the animation just after), I had the same problem when I tried to change it. I found that it is apparently padded with zeroes, but even by fixing this padding it still was not shown correctly anymore…

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #330 of 678

It seems to me that the pixelized style is completely foreseen…

The GOD of VT100s may strike you with thunder bolts (highly pixelized, of course) to punish you for asking such "a little bit of smoothness" !
beyersmile.png

I like it! Reminds me my younger days, developing in ADA on a old VT320…
EDIT: and the icons in settings menus are very good! #OldTimers…

For the boot logo (the very first picture shown on the boot, not the animation just after), I had the same problem when I tried to change it. I found that it is apparently padded with zeroes, but even by fixing this padding it still was not shown correctly anymore…

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back