DIY Woody HF-1... Pics (56K warning)
Oct 31, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #62 of 69
I cant tell if its a placebo or for real?

The sound seems more open and spacious.
Bass seems more "airy" and sub bas resonates a bit more. Previously UN-bassy CDs (Eric Johnson - Venus Isle, Queensryche - Empire) seem to have some form of sub-bass, that wasn't there before.

Again Im not sure if this is for real or not? and I don't have an OEM HF-1 to compare it to.

The bloodwod earcups are a little deeper than the OEM, and as others have pointed out the mesh grill is more open than the OEM one.

????

Thanks again everyone for all the comments... positive and negatives alike!! I'm working on modding the "C" arms next... stay tuned... bloodwood is the timber of choice and I'm using titanium polished drill-blank steel for the connecting rods. Should be interesting.

Garrett

Oct 31, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #63 of 69
Beautiful.

I think i'm going to have to try this out with my MS-2 over the new few weeks. I dont have all the best tools for the job, but i have the benefit of way-too-much-spare-time.

Shame you cant do a side by side sound comparison with stock HF-1. Nonetheless, a beauty comparison makes it worthwhile

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #64 of 69
Appreciate your by-the-numbers instruction on this project. Should be very useful to us types with 4 thumbs!

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #67 of 69
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Guys, you revived a 2 year old thread!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back