DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #316 of 464
Hey, ive been looking around and doing some research about headphones in general and decided to start off with a planar setup since i can't find any diaphragm for the basic headphone setup. I have managed to find the ''material' that could be used as the diaphragm, which is some DuPont Pyralux, but I was wondering, where / how did you customize it for your specific needs ?

Any special company that you used?

Thanks.

May 28, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #317 of 464
Like, do you know a where that sells the flexible diaphragm as is ? or do you go through a company and tell them exactly what u need and how you want it done ?

So far i have only found places that sell the material / make flexible pcbs and i need to send them a gerber file to place an order.

May 28, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #321 of 464
Doing some research, ive actually stumbled upon the same material that you have used, just realized that. However, the thing im wondering was, at what location did you actually get it manufactured ? or printed/milled the copper traces on it ? that is what im confused about.

Edit 1 : nvm...you had it manufactured at a local pyralux factory :p, however i presume u had to send a file or something to get it made ?

Edit 2: Do you think wireless planar headphones can achieve a decent volume ? I have some decent electric background but im not so sure how much planar headphones need , like 1 Watt i presume ?

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #322 of 464
cutted self-adhesive film on plotter and made with this mas for etching.All other operations were performed in my workshop,

Sent it to my table only :wink:

Why not? Wireless = amp integrated in phone. 1 watt in peak is very loud in my design. So middle level during listening is 200 mw. So 600 mah battery + tiny (and ****ty) bluetooth amp = 3 hours of playing,
[/QUOTE]

Really ? only 200mw on mid level ? That opens doors for interesting stuff then ! 600mah might not be the ideal pick but thats not hard to change. But with the addition of all the wireless components + amp (ideally not ****ty) amp + charging module , im concerned about the additional weight that it might had.

All i really need to start is to actually get the diaphragm...sigh :cry:

May 31, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #323 of 464
As promised to several people I'm making another sample for review (and yeah still waiting for reviews from all over the world where I've sent headphones long ago ;( )
Today I've received several parts from CNC router and motorized camera dolly. Let's try it.

I thought people would have had some impressions by now, as I seems quite a while sInce you sent out review samples.You should feel happy, with what you have achieved, and I am looking forward to purchasing from you.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #325 of 464
We all share the same hobby here. So no reasons to have secrets. Anyway, headphones are not a rocket engine to be aware from spies :wink: If I see that manufacture is hidden something, then I think that he is ashamed of something.

Here is second model: second part of magnetic system
So basically each cup has 5 parts:
1. Cup itself that serves as a holder of magnetic system
2&3. Spacers that separate membrane from magnets
4. Outer part shown above.
5. Membrane itself

To make such simple construction took me a long time. First working prototype was much more complex.

The first time is always the most difficult. Once you know what you're doing, everything becomes easier. :beyersmile:

If you don't mind, I'll use your model for a 3d printing on my 3d printer.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #327 of 464
As promised to several people I'm making another sample for review (and yeah still waiting for reviews from all over the world where I've sent headphones long ago ;( )
Today I've received several parts from CNC router and motorized camera dolly. Let's try it.

Before you run into trouble with Admins you should register yourself as member of trade on head-fi.

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #329 of 464
Well am new around here, I do not have much experience with planars (I have heard the LCD-X,HE560,M1060,etc). I have built my own dynamic headphones which I used the drivers from the MDR 7056 from aliexpress and they sounded pretty amazing (My friend had an amazing angled design). Well can anyone dumb is down for me please I really want to build a planar headphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back