here are some sample pictures and also a wiring info for any comments

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 28
i forgot to post pictures, see my previous post

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 28
looks amazing, todd. hopefully you get someone to confirm the pinout for you as i hope you get it sounding as good as it looks.

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 28
I am following the ALO models

Dec 20, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd@tk7.net /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am following the ALO models

You only need the caps if you're using an Imod or RWA modded ipod. Otherwise no reason for caps...

Dec 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 28
hmm using your email as a username is weird, unless you WANT emails from everyone (including spambots) for some reason.
but yes the above posters are correct, unless you are using a modified ipod (IMOD or DIYMOD) where you have removed the internal caps in the ipod, there is zero ned for the caps and a smaller case could be used as well.
nice work regardless, but I do wonder about the email thing

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You only need the caps if you're using an Imod or RWA modded ipod. Otherwise no reason for caps...

I have both types of Ipods

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 28
Looks really nice. Love the woodwork!
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #13 of 28
Looks nice, but you have the left channel backwards. If you would follow my link, you would know this.

Pins 1 & 2 : Ground (attach these together, some ipods don't like separate grounds), in fact you may also want to attack Pin 11 as well to these.
Pin 3 : Right Signal
Pin 4 : Left Signal

Just swap the connections on the left RCA socket to opposite of that you have in the diagram, then either attach both Left and Right RCA grounds together and run a single wire to Pins 1 and 2 (jumpered) or run separate wires from each RCA, but do make sure to attach Pins 1 and 2 on the iPod connector.

Side note - you'll want larger caps than 0.33uF to couple with a 10K impedance portable amp, 4.7uF is the "standard" for making sure there is no distortion, but don't expect ALO to follow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back