DIY friendly desktop amp for Denon D2000?
May 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

haejuk

100+ Head-Fier
I am asking around to see what DIY projects are out there that play nicely with Denons.  Requirements are low output impedance (preferably 3 ohms or less) and a perfectly black background.  I have heard that the Starving Student amp is too noisy for Denons.  I am looking for anything solid state or hybrid design.

I am already building an O2 for my office, I want this to be a bigger desktop amp for my home.  Any suggestions?  Does CKKIII fit the bill for this?

May 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 5
M3, Dynalo, Lovely Cube, O2 in a bigger case :)

May 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 5
I have to admit I have considered the O2 in a bigger case with a DAC (usb and optical) in there as well.  I just don't know how to do a solution for the power so I don't have multiple wall warts for it.  I will have to research some of the stuff you mentioned.  Thanks.

I would still love to hear about other stuff out there.

May 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Since your willing to DIY check here: Faux Impedance decreasing adapter

so you can offset the nasty impedance issues with higher amps. Just do the math :p

I'm using one right now, works like a charm (with D2k + Asus STX). But its probably still best to get one with a low impedance to start with.

And on a side note, A dac generally makes a bigger difference with the Dxk then an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back