DIY Charity Raffle - Twisted Pear Ventus
Sep 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #18 of 77
ygpm
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #23 of 77
Open to UK? If I did win I'd pay all the postage, and if I can't enter I'll chuck a few £'s into the kitty anyway 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #24 of 77
I think the problem is voltage settings. It would take a lot of work to change it to 230V

Quote:
Open to UK? If I did win I'd pay all the postage, and if I can't enter I'll chuck a few £'s into the kitty anyway 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #25 of 77

Quote:
I think the problem is voltage settings. It would take a lot of work to change it to 230V

Hey, there are things like 230V to 110V converters and they should not be too costly. 230V region users should be able to use the amp just fine with help of such device.

Anyway, good luck with the raffle!

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #26 of 77
For the international users, just add the disclaimer that they are responsible for the power conversion etc.

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 77
Quick update - if folks from the UK (and elsewhere outside of North America) the problem really is two fold.  One, international shipping is going to be prohibitively expensive ($60 and up) and two, as mentioned the amp is not easily converted to international mains voltages and I don't want to put the burden of that onto the winner. 

I'm floored by the generosity shown by this community and the raffle has already far and away exceeded my most ambitious goals.

About the only thing that I would like to ask is that if folks are able, please select to send the funds as a "gift" from the personal payment options in Paypal.  I'd say 95% of people have done that so I'll just cover the few lost fees but it'd be great if 100% of the money went to the cause.

Thanks again everyone, just a couple days left!

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #28 of 77

Quote:
Quick update - if folks from the UK (and elsewhere outside of North America) the problem really is two fold.  One, international shipping is going to be prohibitively expensive ($60 and up) and two, as mentioned the amp is not easily converted to international mains voltages and I don't want to put the burden of that onto the winner. 

I'm floored by the generosity shown by this community and the raffle has already far and away exceeded my most ambitious goals.

About the only thing that I would like to ask is that if folks are able, please select to send the funds as a "gift" from the personal payment options in Paypal.  I'd say 95% of people have done that so I'll just cover the few lost fees but it'd be great if 100% of the money went to the cause.

Thanks again everyone, just a couple days left!

There is hope for Head-Fi yet!

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #29 of 77
Please donate to a worthy cause.. Lets gather around a very worthy cause.. I delt with cancer on a personal level. It's truly awful & really tears away at family & friends.. Prayers are great, but don't pay the bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back