DIY Charity Raffle - Twisted Pear Ventus
Sep 27, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #61 of 77
What a great feeling to participate in a great cause, and congrats to Brian.  We don't live too far from each other 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #64 of 77
I took Kristopher out for a beer tonight after work, completely spaced on taking a picture (d'oh) but after a late donation and a small addition on my part we ended up with a total donation of $2500. 

Kristopher was understandably shocked by the total and at a lack for words.  The smile on his face was priceless and said all that needed saying in my book.  I've sent him a link to this thread (he simply couldn't believe the story I told him) so it wouldn't surprise me if you see a message from him at some point. 

So in the end I just want to say thank you to every one that donated and another special thanks to Twisted Pear for generously donating the parts that started all of this.  I can't imagine it going any better than it did. 

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #65 of 77

Quote:
I took Kristopher out for a beer tonight after work, completely spaced on taking a picture (d'oh) but after a late donation and a small addition on my part we ended up with a total donation of $2500. 

Kristopher was understandably shocked by the total and at a lack for words.  The smile on his face was priceless and said all that needed saying in my book.  I've sent him a link to this thread (he simply couldn't believe the story I told him) so it wouldn't surprise me if you see a message from him at some point. 

So in the end I just want to say thank you to every one that donated and another special thanks to Twisted Pear for generously donating the parts that started all of this.  I can't imagine it going any better than it did. 

That's great.  Thanks for doing this.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #66 of 77
Oct 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #69 of 77
Indeed, it seems like Head-Fi is truly more than just a forum. It certainly does qualify as a true community. After all, how many forums spend so many man-hours per year organizing ways to get together?

Congratulations to Kristopher and his family, and Nate as well for putting together such a great raffle. And it's nice to know that we remain amongst good company here at Head-Fi, despite the massive amounts of arguing that occasionally take place here. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #70 of 77
Quote:
I took Kristopher out for a beer tonight after work,

Excellent.  No photo needed, and I'm sure it would have been even a bit obtrusive to take one.  So glad it went well, and I know every last dollar will go to good use. 

Well done, Nate!

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #73 of 77

Quote:

Well done, Nate!!  I'm sure I speak for many when I say, "Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it."

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #74 of 77

Quote:
Just wondering, any review on the amp from the winner? Was wondering how it sounded. 

Brian was kind enough to give me a little leeway in shipping the amp which was mostly a desire on my part to add a ground loop breaker and properly ground the chassis (connect it to the AC mains).  I also needed to go through and loctite the 40 or so odd fasteners so that it should never have a tendency to rattle apart as these things do over time.  Quite literally I finished that work tonight and the amp is now sitting in my main rig (or lack of main rig) sourced by my Assemblage 2.5 and sounding pretty good to me through the HF2s.  So it'll be headed Brian's way on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on work.  I'll leave reports after that up to him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #75 of 77
I'll be happy to post an in-thread review.  The main phones I'll be using will be my HD600s, and they will be sourced from either a Sony DVP-S9000, an Theta DAC, or a computer with a stock HiFace through the Theta DAC. 

Nate, I did a little digging around and have not seen many of these even available.  What is the history on the Ventus?  Or will it be available in greater supply later on?  I mean...what did I get myself in to!?! 
blink.gif
  haha.

Happy to help, and happy to be a part of a community like this.  I'll do my best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back