DIY Charity Raffle - Twisted Pear Ventus
Sep 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #47 of 77

You are correct, the drawing is tomorrow night.  I'm still waiting on a few payments and I expected that going into it so I basically wanted to allow at least 24hrs to elapse after the close of the raffle to limit the # of commitments that don't get fulfilled.  We're around 99% paid up so I'm not worried if it slipped off a couple of folks radar.

I also want to take a minute to thank Jude for posting this on the front page which I'm sure is how a lot of you found out about it.  The raffle is a huge success as a result.  THANKS JUDE!!!

Quote:
The post says sunday night...

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #48 of 77
Well, funny thing: I normally type CTRL+L www.headfi.org/forum/ and go directly to the forum page which lists them all. (I'm sure I have a shortcut somewhere, but its just faster to go where I want to go.)  But for some reason last night I just went to the front page.  Rare.  And yet it was so perfectly timed for me to see this happening. 

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 77
Just found head-fi, so I missed the raffle, but what a success!

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #50 of 77
This just in from Random.org:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
Code:
Timestamp: 2010-09-27 01:08:57 UTC

That makes bhjazz the winner!

I'll be coordinating things with him moving forward but I do just want to say thank you again to everyone who donated.  We ended up with 218 tickets and a few donations outside the raffle process which adds up to a grand total of $2.434.44.  I'll add some to that to make it a nice round number but that is just an incredible sum in my book. 

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #51 of 77
Congratulations to the winner, and congratulations on the hugely successful raffle! Tell us how your beers go!

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #55 of 77
Wow...wow!  This is really cool, and I guess the first thing to say is, "thanks!"  I suppose if I said I rarely win anything people wouldn't believe me, but I rarely win anything.  Very cool. 

But more importantly is the incredible sum of money generated here.  I say: Congratulations to everyone who felt this was a worthy cause and got involved.  Feels good, doesn't it?!! 

Nate, we look forward to your post regarding the presentation.

Brian

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #56 of 77

Quote:
Wow...wow!  This is really cool, and I guess the first thing to say is, "thanks!"  I suppose if I said I rarely win anything people wouldn't believe me, but I rarely win anything.  Very cool. 

But more importantly is the incredible sum of money generated here.  I say: Congratulations to everyone who felt this was a worthy cause and got involved.  Feels good, doesn't it?!! 

Nate, we look forward to your post regarding the presentation.

Brian

Congratulations on the amp! Anyone who donated here deserved it.

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #57 of 77
Quote:

We ended up with 218 tickets and a few donations outside the raffle process which adds up to a grand total of $2.434.44.  I'll add some to that to make it a nice round number but that is just an incredible sum in my book. 

Wow, that's great news. Hats off to all the headfiers that donated and Nate for all the time and effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back