DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
May 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,936 of 10,535
Hello guys !

What size should I use heat shrink in cable hd 600?

*I am using a Mogami cable w2893

I actually have diff question.
What is that red and black heat shrink?

Does cardas or mogami comes like that? Or yoy need to apply the heat shrink?

May 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,940 of 10,535
I use 3/16" to cover 2x 22-26 awg twisted pair, 5/16" is good to cover the jacket of most ¼" (6mm) cable. ⅜" is for Cardas HD6** connectors.

Oh thank you thank you very much!!! This is very helpful.

Do you use hot air gun or hair dryer to shrink the heat tube?

May 18, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #1,941 of 10,535
May 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #1,943 of 10,535
i have a Denon ADH600 EM, and would like to know which cable can be use to upgrade the quality sound ? i'm looking for new cable.
i have Two cable : one with the bottom : volume, etc... / and the second very long and strong. 
my second question is to ask if there is a difference in the Sound quality between the two cable ?
which one do you use, or prefer and why ?

thank
sam

May 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,944 of 10,535
Do you use hot air gun or hair dryer to shrink the heat tube?
For me its Zippo all the way!

The real hardass would use wooden matches and light them with a thumb nail. :D

May 18, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #1,945 of 10,535

A hot air gun works well, I've also used a butane torch. Depending on the hair dryer it might work. Just be careful as the small stuff burns pretty quick.

Same. I honestly grab whatever is closest at the time. I use both hot air gun and a butane torch. Sometimes there are circumstances where one or the other fits the situation better. 
For me its Zippo all the way!

The real hardass would use wooden matches and light them with a thumb nail.
biggrin.gif

Agreed. 
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,946 of 10,535
  i have a Denon ADH600 EM, and would like to know which cable can be use to upgrade the quality sound ? i'm looking for new cable.
i have Two cable : one with the bottom : volume, etc... / and the second very long and strong. 
my second question is to ask if there is a difference in the Sound quality between the two cable ?
which one do you use, or prefer and why ?

thank
sam

This can be debated, but I uphold that as long as there's not a problem with the current cable, a "better" cable isn't going to me a single difference. So, no, a "better" cable isn't going to improve sound quality.
No, there shouldn't be a difference between the two cables; if there is, one is probably defective in some way. 

May 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,947 of 10,535
I just curious about one thing...why most cable here using rean as the jack, a lot of good cable using only rean jack, why don't you use better jack, i think, there is a lot of better audio jack out there.

May 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,948 of 10,535
I'd use Rean just because of how cheap they are, how easy they are to get, and how reputable Neutrik is.

May 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #1,949 of 10,535
I just curious about one thing...why most cable here using rean as the jack, a lot of good cable using only rean jack, why don't you use better jack, i think, there is a lot of better audio jack out there.

Out of curiosity, which "better Jack" come to mind and what about them leads you to believe that they are better?

May 18, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,950 of 10,535
  I'd use Rean just because of how cheap they are, how easy they are to get, and how reputable Neutrik is.

Out of curiosity, which "better Jack" come to mind and what about them leads you to believe that they are better?

i've used rean for a couple of time, but i disappoint to it's quality, the build quality is the most problem to me.
i've also try pailics, ranko, mps, amphenol... and they are cheap also, specially pailics, it's nearly same price to rean. in my country,pailics and amphenol easier to get. 
why pailics and amphenol are batter than rean in my sight, because i thing, they have better build quality, better looks ,and better sounds ... 
pailics has good high freq detil, good bass controlling, and better separation.
amphenol is better in high freq control, good mid freq, and less bass for the one who don't like much bass quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back