DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
May 14, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #1,921 of 10,535
Oh wow, I've never seen it any other way. I retract my previous statement then! 

But really, how stupid are the companies that first started wiring them differently? That just restricts the convenience of swapping out a cable for their devices. 

May 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #1,925 of 10,535
  You have come to the right place.  Those are Oyaide plugs.  It looks like both are TRRS connectors (4 connections: L, R, Mic, G)  rather than the usual TRS (3 connections: L, R, G).  The plugs should run you about $20 a pop but are really high quality and look really nice.  For most purposes I think that the standard TRS will be just fine.  There are two different kinds shown in the picture as well.  A strait plug and a right angle one.  

Hope this helps 
beerchug.gif

Not Oyaide, those are out of China and made to look like Oyaide, i have some here.

May 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,928 of 10,535
  The rounded corners, the plating on the barrel and the overall finish of the product. I am also not aware of Oyaide making a TRRS plug, but that i could be wrong about as i have not had to time to keep up to date with them.

OYAIDE35.jpg

$_57.JPG

Interesting.  I didn't even notice but it looks like the barrel finish is supposed to be matte, and the edges more sharp. Pictures above to compare.  I did think that a TRRS connector was strange because I have never found one by them as well but didn't really give it a second thought.  

May 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,930 of 10,535
May 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,931 of 10,535
  http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4088
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4089

Are these then not genuine?

I don't think so.  Especially at those prices.  I don't think you will find a connector from Oyaide for less than $20 either.  

May 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #1,935 of 10,535

What kind of wire is that that goes up through the headband? I know it's for the right side speaker, so it has 2 separate (wires? strands? idk)

I have to replace this because I opened the Senns all the way up, and saw that a part of the wire was exposed (probably friction in the folding joint)

Also, would I be able to remove that PCB to save space?

Also, microphones, where to talk about these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back