DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Mar 29, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #1,202 of 1,451
Have you tried it? Does burn in really change the sound that dramatically?

I have a few pairs of ditas, and I can personally attest to burn in changing the sound (improving) significantly for the ditas. I agree for some earphones, you won't hear much difference, but on some, if you check out tyll's article some time back, especially with dynamics, there are measurable changes with burn in.

The Dita owners personally recommend 500 hours. There are a few changes I have personally noted. These are changes that I've heard, not from auditory memory, but side by side comparisons of a brand new pair with a fully burnt in pair, along with comparisons every 50 hours or so along the burn in process. I did not listen along the way so brain burn in is not really in play here. And each time, I referenced it to the same pair of earphones so I can have a somewhat more objective reference point for comparison.

The new pair faces a few issues

1) imaging is kind of fuzzy and slightly messy
2) midrange is overly recessed
3) highs are overly sibilant and peaky

By about 300 hours, you'll notice that the imaging would be significantly improved. The midrange recess and the upper peaks will slowly smoothen out throughout the course of the 500 hours.

That said, do not expect extremely smooth and gentle highs like the k10 (which in measurements are shown to roll of pretty steeply at 10k. The Dita has a treble peak, and is extremely revealing. It will be excellent on good recordings but it will reveal bad recordings harshly. This is not going to change even if you burn it in for 10000 hours. It will however be smoother with Burn in. I wouldn't use comply, I don't personally like them as they practicall kill all air, detail and treble. Try the black tips with the blue bores that came with your ditas, or some Sony tips.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,204 of 1,451
I have the Truth Balanced used with the new Onkyo DP-X1. I also have a pair of Senn HD800s which are great SE with the DP-X1 so I was initially very disappointed with the balanced Dita. Bass was ok-ish, treble peaky, midrange - what midrange?! Soundstage seemed to consist of left, right and middle. They are now on around 100 hours and the midrange has made an appearance, treble has calmed a little and instrument placement is much better and there is a slight sense of depth too so they certainly do improve with burn in. After a lot of fiddling about with the supplied tips I am now using comply TS-400 tips with the top snipped off as far as the inner bore. This gives a good seal to the lughole and hence bass, without the mids and treble being absorbed by the spongy top of the tip. Placement in the ear seems critical for me and if not quite right, the mids disappear. Patience is a definite requirement with Dita!

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,205 of 1,451
Just heard a pair of demo Answer (have heard of a fully burned in one as well before) with only about 100 hours of burn in, and I personally think that the sound is just a hint that these will sound a lot more clearer, tighter and wider eventually if one is patience enough to run them in. As someone have said once, it's best to just listen to the Answer with whatever music and gears (even a decent smartphone will do) that you have instead of just going all hardcore on them.

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #1,206 of 1,451
After several days of listening, I realize the high is a little piercing and bass is not strong enough. Does burn in help?

From my experience, bass is surly strong and super deep with tip such as spinfit (I used to own roxanne and now um pro 50 , I love dita bass the most)

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,207 of 1,451
  From my experience, bass is surly strong and super deep with tip such as spinfit (I used to own roxanne and now um pro 50 , I love dita bass the most)

I mean the bass texture is good and natural, but I feel it does not kick hard enough. Sometimes, when there are a lot of details in music, the bass is even covered by treble. I hope the burn in will help.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,208 of 1,451
I just bought the DITA T.E. here in 2ª hand, and it’s amazing.
I’m new here and new with in-ear’s and DAP’S .I’m 52 years old, and I spend my 35 years looking for the best sound (music) that can afford from Hi-FI,
I stop my quest with Mark Levinson 390S, Preamplifier FirstSound, amplifier 300B (handmade) (8w), and Avantgarde UNO, all cables KUbala Sosna Emotion, and I have the sound that was for me the best I can achieve and I can live with it.
In this moment I spend a few time with my gear (hi-END) and I try the intimate in-ear.
I bought the AK 380 and after read a lot of this great Forum I decided to buy the Magister, after one day I return it and after more reads I choose the DITA, against the Beyerdynamic AK T8iE ( some issues with the cable/drive).
After trying the Truth, my face smile.
It’s a great in-ear and I recommended. for me the Dita have a good fit ( I forgot that I’m using it) the sound is incredible ( it’s music).
I don’t know what you are looking for, but I’m looking for music. The Dita have excelent Bass and treble without harsh.
For me the HI_END is when the gear disappears and we listen music, only music.
The music is a group of sounds and silences, and for me the most important is the silences, we can ear layers and layers.
Now talking about the DITA Truth Edition, it’s like listen my living room HI-FI ( without the soundstage). I can understand the philosophy of the creation of DITA. I have all the layers, the lows ,the mids and the Highs there, it’s focus harmonious and the in-ears disappear ,it’s all what I’m looking for-- “Music”--.
I never try a BA with 12 drivers, but I’ll , but I know sometimes we forgot the music and searching for the breathe or the sound of finger over the guitar.
Some of you spend a lot of time and money looking for TOTL in-ear, but forget the marriage with the source.
Garbage in, garbage out, we need a synergy between the source and the headphone for to have music.
I think I found it, maybe I’ll try next year the balanced ,
For the DITA men, please try a new way of presenting the cable, it rolls a lot, if it is possible to maintain the quality and be more right would be great , congratulations for the excellent headphone and quality of the product.

-Sorry for the English- from Lisbon Portugal

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,209 of 1,451
I’m new here and new with in-ear’s and DAP’S .I’m 52 years old, and I spend my 35 years looking for the best sound (music) that can afford from Hi-FI,
I stop my quest with Mark Levinson 390S, Preamplifier FirstSound, amplifier 300B (handmade) (8w), and Avantgarde UNO, all cables KUbala Sosna Emotion, and I have the sound that was for me the best I can achieve and I can live with it.
In this moment I spend a few time with my gear (hi-END) and I try the intimate in-ear.
I bought the AK 380 and after read a lot of this great Forum I decided to buy the Magister, after one day I return it and after more reads I choose the DITA, against the Beyerdynamic AK T8iE ( some issues with the cable/drive).
It’s a great in-ear and I recommended. for me the Dita have a good fit ( I forgot that I’m using it) the sound is incredible ( it’s music).
I don’t know what you are looking for, but I’m looking for music. The Dita have excelent Bass and treble without harsh.
The music is a group of sounds and silences, and for me the most important is the silences, we can ear layers and layers.
Now talking about the DITA Truth Edition, it’s like listen my living room HI-FI ( without the soundstage). I can understand the philosophy of the creation of DITA. I have all the layers, the lows ,the mids and the Highs there, it’s focus harmonious and the in-ears disappear ,it’s all what I’m looking for-- “Music”--.
I never try a BA with 12 drivers, but I’ll , but I know sometimes we forgot the music and searching for the breathe or the sound of finger over the guitar.
Some of you spend a lot of time and money looking for TOTL in-ear, but forget the marriage with the source.
Garbage in, garbage out, we need a synergy between the source and the headphone for to have music.
For the DITA men, please try a new way of presenting the cable, it rolls a lot, if it is possible to maintain the quality and be more right would be great , congratulations for the excellent headphone and quality of the product.

The guys from Dita will be very happy to hear this. This is exactly what they were hoping to achieve!

With regards to the cable, a different heat shrink is now used and it is much softer, much less springy :)

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #1,210 of 1,451

agree with all your point...
Dita simply present music as music. amazing sounds. Honestly they don't wow me when i first hear them. but they grow on me. and now i love their sound so so much,,

edit:

has anyone experimenting with various after market tips such as spinfit, jvc's spiral dots, or sony hybrids?

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #1,211 of 1,451

I mean the bass texture is good and natural, but I feel it does not kick hard enough. Sometimes, when there are a lot of details in music, the bass is even covered by treble. I hope the burn in will help.

agree with you Roxanne slam a lot harder here (even the pro 50), I have to burn mine too hahah, hope you get what you want after burning. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,212 of 1,451
The guys from Dita will be very happy to hear this. This is exactly what they were hoping to achieve!

With regards to the cable, a different heat shrink is now used and it is much softer, much less springy
smily_headphones1.gif

That's is good, It appears all construction it's a bullet proof, and if now it's softer .....very good
gs1000.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #1,213 of 1,451

agree with u, It's like my experience, Synergy between equipments is very important, if you want to get the gears full potential. For Dita the truth, source selection is very important, if you listen to various genres. In my case, I think dita the truth should be  like my car speakers (Brax matrix), it needs the source,which produce a so called "analog sound" . In my car, the HM801 sound a lot better than  HM901. It is not that HM901 is an inferior player, but  it suits my speaker more. Ohhh I hate to wait for my HM801 to comeback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back