DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Dec 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #946 of 1,451
Hey guys,

Do you know of any iPhone 6 cases that can support the size of the Dita truth termination?

I'm really loving the combo, but my case right now doesn't have enough room for it, so I keep having to take the case off when I listen to music.

Much appreciated!
Daniel

I had the same issue with my iPhone 5 and Cleave Crystal bumper.

I did a fairly easy DIY mod and replaced the Dita plug with a Furutech with 4mm stand-off that allows the plug to fit into the case/bumper.

81d544081dd3a40331377e2f65b13f49.jpg

The Furutech plug quality is superb and I used copper/Silver content solder for my joins to preserve the quality that Dita wanted us to all have.

Even the likes of the new this Spigen cases might not allow use of the Ditas unless you remove the phone from the case but that's a pita!

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #947 of 1,451
Does anyone know where i can buy a balanced Truth ?

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #948 of 1,451
  Does anyone know where i can buy a balanced Truth ?

As there's no distributor here in Australia, I shopped directly from Dita.
Send the boys an email (see the Dita website for details) and they'll advise how it's done.
They were very helpful when I purchased my The Answers and shipping was less than a week.

Or, if you travel through Singapore, E1 Personal Audio are not far from the airport.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #949 of 1,451
  As there's no distributor here in Australia, I shopped directly from Dita.
Send the boys an email (see the Dita website for details) and they'll advise how it's done.
They were very helpful when I purchased my The Answers and shipping was less than a week.

Or, if you travel through Singapore, E1 Personal Audio are not far from the airport.

Thanks for that.. I have bought from them once but the official website doesn't list the Balanced Truth.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #950 of 1,451
So the truth edition and the regular edition are identical in sound and the only thing that differs them is the cable, or am I misunderstanding?

I'm wondering how these stack up to the Shure SE846, in terms of both sound and fit. 
Thanks. :)

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #951 of 1,451
  So the truth edition and the regular edition are identical in sound and the only thing that differs them is the cable, or am I misunderstanding?

I'm wondering how these stack up to the Shure SE846, in terms of both sound and fit. 

I found the fit on the 846 really good - however after a few hours of use, it got really uncomfortable within my ear. The DITAs may seem to have a less snug fit, but the combination of a lighter chassis and wide selection of ear tips made it supremely comfortable for me. Especially so using the Non-truth edition as the cable is more ergonomic than that of the truth.

As for sound, the 846 satisfied me for a long time with its deep, hard hitting bass, interesting imaging and separation, and amazing mids. However, this lasted me all of 2 months before I found the bass so hard-hitting it became rather overwhelming. This was not conducive to multi-tasking while listening on the go. 

The DITAs on the other hand have a comparatively leaner bass, but as you get used to the signature, the bass is really present. The most outstanding feature of the bass would be the naturalness of the presentation. The timbre and decay really mimic that of a live performance. The same can be said of the mids and highs. I would say the DITA's downside is the separation - the 846 seemed to do this better. 

It's been well past 8 months with the non-truth edition, and I have no intention of letting it go anytime soon. And coming from an IEM-hopping, fickle-minded person, that's something!

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #952 of 1,451
I just got the DITA Truth edition. These are very addictive. I have compared these with the SE846 with 8 conductor TWAG cable. It's time to put the SE846 for sale.

I used an AK240 SE for both headphones without any amplification. Music was mostly either 24 bit flac or DSD. I listened to some binaural music too.

I find that the SE846 puts the bass front and center, which is not a truthful rendition of the music. A good example was Peter Gabriel's live performance of San Jacinto. The SE846 brought the drums and instruments to the forefront and that took the joy out of listening to the raspy vocals. The Truth edition on the other hand brought the vocals forward and put the drums and instruments in the background with very good separation and depth. It was so much more enjoyable.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #953 of 1,451
I found the fit on the 846 really good - however after a few hours of use, it got really uncomfortable within my ear. The DITAs may seem to have a less snug fit, but the combination of a lighter chassis and wide selection of ear tips made it supremely comfortable for me. Especially so using the Non-truth edition as the cable is more ergonomic than that of the truth.

As for sound, the 846 satisfied me for a long time with its deep, hard hitting bass, interesting imaging and separation, and amazing mids. However, this lasted me all of 2 months before I found the bass so hard-hitting it became rather overwhelming. This was not conducive to multi-tasking while listening on the go. 

The DITAs on the other hand have a comparatively leaner bass, but as you get used to the signature, the bass is really present. The most outstanding feature of the bass would be the naturalness of the presentation. The timbre and decay really mimic that of a live performance. The same can be said of the mids and highs. I would say the DITA's downside is the separation - the 846 seemed to do this better. 

It's been well past 8 months with the non-truth edition, and I have no intention of letting it go anytime soon. And coming from an IEM-hopping, fickle-minded person, that's something!

Thanks for this write up. It describes exactly why I keep getting back to them despite the fact that (edit: 'some') other TOTLs seem to have that little bit better SQ and more comfort at first glance. In the end of the day the most important thing to me is the music getting under my skin and that's just what the Answers does.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #954 of 1,451

I currently have the pleasure of owning both, and despite it just being the cable different, the two sound quite different. The Answer is more lean and less spacious, and its bass just doesn't reach as deep nor as tight. The Truth is technically superior but you will need a good source to make it shine, the Answer sounds much better out of my phone/ old mp3 players than the Truth, but out of a high end source like an AK player, the Truth is clearly the superior IEM. 

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #955 of 1,451
From I hear from other Dita owners, the non-Truth, Truth and Truth (balanced) all sound different.

I have a Truth balanced which is nearing, if not passed, the recommended 500-hour burn in mark. I think it is ready to be judged. Short final verdict: it's good, very good even, but not great. No major faults; it's well above average in all departments. Listening to more demanding material, ie a high resolution operatic K2HD recording, the mids was impressive and the bass tight and speedy. The highs, it didn't do so well; I found it a tad bright and overall, the separation was found wanting For its price, no complaints whatsoever. A good all-rounder for classical, jazz, crossover stuff and vocals. The springy cable is a bit of a nuisance but very usable.

Merry Christmas, all.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #956 of 1,451
I saw a twitter picture a while back of Dita Truth with a rather strange looking tip, anyone know anything more of this tips?

Source : https://twitter.com/envy00000/status/533596487024775169

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #957 of 1,451
If you are using the truth with amp, you may be interested in truth m2m.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #959 of 1,451
I assume it will be launched soon.

I got mine from E1 Personal Singapore.

They asked me to try Dita m2m. I did and I like the sound much (besides the look).

Then, Price ?  = 250 SGD. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #960 of 1,451
From what i heard it should be launched very soon. It is one of the best interconnects I've heard, excellent soundstage and layering, bass control and bass punch, and very detailed. It is pretty unbelievable how much this interconnect can improve the sound of your setup. Prior to hearing it I honestly didnt think that interconnects made muchh difference, but this one is really something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back