DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Nov 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #886 of 1,451

Some really interesting stuff there.

There are all sorts of conclusions you could come to.

Is the IE800 the easiest to drive and therefore doesn't need to be driven by the likes of the Hugo to sound it's best ? Or, is it just not as capable as the other two sets ?

Perhaps all the coherency chat that surrounded the AKG K3003 was really all about them being driven poorly.

The DITAS are difficult to drive ?  Makes me wonder just how much better they could sound than out of my AK240.

On another note : Has anyone heard any news about he balanced DITAS that were supposed to be released in November ?  Desmond ? Danny ? If you are listening ......

Cheers 

As a consumer we do not have that much control over how the manufacturer likes to tune their gear and what they aim to have their gears paired with. Once you spend enough time with a gear and place it under different testing environment you than get an idea what they are capable of. 

There are two ways in testing things:

1) Have one set up where you compare things with and against
2) Try to find the best synergy using different gear combinations.

Testing with method 1) give us the following conclusions:

1. You plug in the IEM/headphone that interest you, the sound is not what you like, and you move on and look for something else. Since you have a lot of trust with you reference you declare the IEM/Headphone as badly produced as it did not pair well with you reference setup.
    This was my case for a long time when I had a deep love affair with my objective 2 amp. I still love that unit and I respect its design approach but after testing amps like wagnus epsilon S I realise this entire science sound is very young and we have many more years to figure out the area where what we hear and what we calculate do not match. 
  2. You assume the headphone/IEM plugged into is just not having the right synergy with your setup and you move on.

In say this I tested those three items using the two method mentioned above over time. I believe IE800 maintains its intended sound under different test environment using different setup without much alteration. My conclusion was that the designer of the headphone wanted to ensure their intended sound is achieve regardless how cheap or expensive your source is (in particular your portable source as this is an IEM after all) which is a big plus.
If once dislikes the sound of IE800 out of their ipod chances are they simply dislike its tuning and there is really no point trying different setup.

In case if Dita the sound changed alot. This is an indicator that while the designer bad portability in mind they failed to achieve that as the cable is not easy to handle and also in order to achieve its true sound you are really required to have a desktop setup. This can be good or bad thing. If you want an IEM that can surprise you everything you plug into something better and are willing to compromise of having its downgraded sound when on the go(depending on your setup) than Dita is for you .

With k3003 the only thing that does not change with it on different setup is how open it sounds, the rest of it changes alot, to me this indicates K3003 is not really designed flaw as I do not own any main stream DAP that sounds good with K3003 or make it sounds its very best when all things works on its side. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #887 of 1,451
Where can you get a dita balanced for ak? Is it out yet?

On another note : Has anyone heard any news about he balanced DITAS that were supposed to be released in November ?  Desmond ? Danny ? If you are listening ......

Cheers 

I auditioned the Answer on balanced Truth on Tue and was told it would be available next week.

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #889 of 1,451
Any word on price? Also, do you know if it's the same cable as the truth edition? Do you know what it's made of? Anything else you can share?

It is a combination of 5 different metal element which they will not share. Pricing should be only 100-200 more than the standard edition.

I love to see a balance version but I hope they do not opt for 2.5 mm edition and go with a more main stream one. There are much better balance amp option out there than AK. Also 2.5 mm is too fragile. Just because AK is using it does not make it a wise design decision. I know it will be a decision they will make and ultimately in the high end world AK is the apple of high end and everyone is after the AK money but I hope they do not go ahead with the 2.5 mm version. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #890 of 1,451
Well, I can tell you the price I paid but I don't think it's right to reveal publicly. From what I know, the cable is the same as the singled ended Truth, only balanced. It comes with a short cable adaptor (2.5-3.5) made from the same Truth cable. The set is available in black or limited run gold, which is more expensive, with the accompanying accessories fashionably color coordinated. I've not heard the non-Truth or non-balanced Truth so I can't tell you the sonic differences. Perhaps @WCDChee can, he's the resident expert on Dita after Desmond haha!

All in all, of the many many top end IEMs I've had the good fortune of hearing, I'd say the Answer is right up there with the best of them. And if you subscribe to Dita's philosophy of what music should sound like, then I don't think it gets any better than the Truth balanced.

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #892 of 1,451
It is a combination of 5 different metal element which they will not share. Pricing should be only 100-200 more than the standard edition.

I love to see a balance version but I hope they do not opt for 2.5 mm edition and go with a more main stream one. There are much better balance amp option out there than AK. Also 2.5 mm is too fragile. Just because AK is using it does not make it a wise design decision. I know it will be a decision they will make and ultimately in the high end world AK is the apple of high end and everyone is after the AK money but I hope they do not go ahead with the 2.5 mm version. 

It's the 2.5 TRRS AK edition.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #895 of 1,451
Was going to plunge in the AK balanced Truth at the show today, but wow.....decided to walk away when i saw the price tag...very disappointed with the huge mark up difference from the normal 3.5mm. Come on its just a 2.5mm trrs plug!

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #900 of 1,451
It's a shame..(That the cables are fixed)  it means existing owners need to fork out another $1350 or so just to go balanced. This is the problem with fixed cables.

I just hope they are reasonable and do some kind of special or trade in deal. Otherwise my TRUTHS will be up for sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back