DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Oct 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #857 of 1,451
Very good news from DITA , they will launchimg their DITA TRUTH with TRRS balance cable in 2 color

Black and Gold in November 2014 world wide

Although the (external) design hasn't changed this must be great news for people owning balanced DAPs. Forgive me my ignorance, would there be any noticeable improvements compared to my current The Answer (non-Truth) through non)balanced DAP (X5) ? I like my Dita's very much and wouldn't hesitate to buy Dita's again although new FAD's Heaven VII is very tempting as well. Is it too soon for comparison between those?

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #858 of 1,451
Although the (external) design hasn't changed this must be great news for people owning balanced DAPs. Forgive me my ignorance, would there be any noticeable improvements compared to my current The Answer (non-Truth) through non)balanced DAP (X5) ? I like my Dita's very much and wouldn't hesitate to buy Dita's again although new FAD's Heaven VII is very tempting as well. Is it too soon for comparison between those?

If you pair with X5 , would be no effect
Between Truth and answer it self have SQ different
DITA truth balance TRRS best sounding if you pair with DAP like AK 240 with balance TRRS too
Between Truth SE vs Balamce TRRS the SQ improvement is noticable pair with AK 240

I have heard FAD VII during USF show , for my personal taste I prefer DITA gold TRRS pair with AK 240

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #859 of 1,451
Very good news from DITA , they will launching their DITA TRUTH with TRRS balance cable in 2 color

Black and Gold in November 2014 world wide

That's exciting news... Been waiting for this to happen for a while...

Black for me i think.

I wonder if DITA will do some kind of deal for those who have already bought from them.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #860 of 1,451
DITA truth balance TRRS best sounding if you pair with DAP like AK 240 with balance TRRS too
Between Truth SE vs Balamce TRRS the SQ improvement is noticable pair with AK 240

I have heard FAD VII during USF show , for my personal taste I prefer DITA gold TRRS pair with AK 240

Thanks for answering. I use the Dita's for out and around the house with the X5 (+VorzAmp Duo) because I have some fine rigs in the house already. I wouldn't dare to go out with an AK240 (or a '47) because I might damage something, so a AK240 purchase or alike isn't very likely (soon :wink: ) I would still be very interested in the reason why you prefer the new Dita's (or the non-Truth version preferably) over the FAD VII if you could spare a minute.

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #861 of 1,451

I would like to hear your thoughts on the DITAs and FAD Heaven VII too!

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #862 of 1,451
Had a chance to listen to these (Truth)at the Fujiya-Avic Show in Tokyo over the weekend and I can hear why Dita's popularity is growing.

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #863 of 1,451
Took out my Dita out and plugged in into Denon DA-10 feeding via NWZ A15, easily I feel why I love this IEM.

Lately the idea of purchasing the AK240 and a balanced Dita truth has crossed my mind. How much better can Dita get in balanced mod compared to pairing it from something wangus epsilon S? 

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #864 of 1,451
Has anyone heard anything more about the balanced DITAs supposed to be released this month ?

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #865 of 1,451
Can anyone here compare both Dita The Answer (either edition) and the HiFiMan RE600? 

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #866 of 1,451
  Can anyone here compare both Dita The Answer (either edition) and the HiFiMan RE600? 

I haven't heard the RE600.. However in answering a question i posed on the multi IEM comparison thread, Joker indicated that according to ears he trusts the DITAs are a step up.

Very third hand.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #867 of 1,451

I haven't heard the RE600.. However in answering a question i posed on the multi IEM comparison thread, Joker indicated that according to ears he trusts the DITAs are a step up.

Very third hand.

dita sells for 650$/1000$ and the re600 can be presently bought for 200$ (down from 400$) - so i don't think it's fair comparing 2 iems with such a difference in their prices....

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #868 of 1,451

dita sells for 650$/1000$ and the re600 can be presently bought for 200$ (down from 400$) - so i don't think it's fair comparing 2 iems with such a difference in their prices....

I answered because he asked.... pretty simple..

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #869 of 1,451

I don't think they're even anywhere near in the same league. Just yesterday i had the pleasure of listening to the answer out of the resonessance invicta which, if you didn't know before this, is actually the reference dac/amp used in tuning the ditas. I also listened to the stax sr-009 out of the same invicta dac (the reference upon which the ditas were tuned) and you would be amazed at how similar they sound if you ever got the chance to try them out. Out of my portable source the ditas always sounded like they had an elevated bass, and the stax have always sounded slightly on the light side when ran through my x5 dac, but when both were properly fed with the invictas, they just came so close, almost identical tonally.

I've read reviews mentioning that the ditas dont need a great source/amplification to sound great which is true, but they also mentioned that it doesn't scale up as well as other gear, and I would like to respectfully disagree. Having heard them out of the invictas, they are simply stunning. I tried the k10s as well, and i love them too, but to be honest, the ditas are easily on the same level as them.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #870 of 1,451
Thanks for the replies!! I have no way of demoing the Ditas hence the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back