Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
May 21, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #301 of 569
I'm still waiting for my 1960, as i only want to use the pentaconn OFC plug which is currently out of stock in most places. Once I get hold of a plug I can finally send it to be attached to my 1960.

That said, I used the shop demo which was on 2.5mm, and an adapter.

Its as good as portable audio can be.

May 29, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #304 of 569
I recently got the Truth Copper cable on loan from Dita, and I must say I quite like it.

The Copper has good low-end extension, paired with an attenuated bass response. This might be a turn off for some people, but it works wonders on its presentation. The Copper creates a spacious stage both in width and depth, resulting in a nice 3D stage. The laid-back bass results in a particularly airy stage, enhancing the spacious feel of the stage. Accordingly, the separation is very good, as well as its midrange transparency. In accordance with the bass quantity, the lower midrange is laid-back. However, the balance between the centre and upper midrange is very good, and because of this linear relation its tone is quite accurate, especially since the treble is not enhanced. It's lightly warm, but not overly so. Clear, but not bright. This works especially well for iems that suffer from the common upper midrange dip, which tends to 'dull' their tone.

So, how this translates to sound is a neutral note size, that isn't overly thick in accordance with the laid-back bass. Similarly, vocals are not overly full or forward. However, the balance in their articulation is very good; the range between depth and pronunciation. As a result of the large and airy stage, the presentation is very clean and organised, even more so because of the compact note size. It's a detailed image based on separation, without having to resort to a brighter treble. And the instrument tone is very realistic, resulting in what I feel is a beautiful sound. Not overly warm, just accurate. It's a type of signature that might not appeal to bass-heads, but more so to people that value a great stage and general presentation, both in terms of dimensions and quality. Within that stage, instruments have a realistic tone as well as good transparency.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #305 of 569
I have a feeling these will end up taking first if they are not taken by the performance of the fourte. They seemed to have done something special in regards to the sound presentation and the ability of which they've gotten the driver to perform. I was not interested by the truth or answer when they came out per reviews and opinions, however, going off of what I've read so far these will be a proper upgrade from my MEE audio P1. Looking forward to more impressions and reviews. Curious if we could possibly get a review tour going with these? Not sure how the Dita guys feel about this, but we have a successful tour already under way with regards to 64 audio and their fourte and a18. We could take a page from them and go through fedex requiring signatures so as to keep a clear line of responsibility....just saying

May 30, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #308 of 569
Having a quick listen...the eagle has landed.

20170530_170203.jpg

May 31, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #312 of 569
Posted these thoughts on another thread:

I can say so far the Dream has some special qualities. I am struggling a little to achieve a good seal even with my Large Spiral Dot tips. Size wise they are really comfortable and the build quality is really nice. I have no issue with the connectors they are super snug. Believe what you read about them liking power, I am using my Opus#2 on high gain and still using a high volume. So far, out of the box, put them in your ears and smile, rinse and repeat. The sounstage is really fantastic and the bass is not really like any I have heard, it is deep and detailed. The Dream lay back but strike hard when necessary. I try to avoid statements like these IEM's sound like over ears but the Dream and the XRA's both are as close as I have heard to really making that claim. I am going to try to mainly listen to these over the next couple of weeks and burn-in at night as well.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #315 of 569
How do you feel about treble? Also have you done any cable rolling for improved dynamics?
I think this IEM extends nicely. It is a brighter, airy signature as if you can feel the air around the individual notes. The bass is incredible.
As far as the cable it is a good cable. The ergonomics aren't the best. I haven't had time to roll cables, I plan on trying that soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back