Disturbing info
Apr 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disturbing fact #2: If there is enough bacteria, a Triports will start to sound like a Grado RS-1
redface.gif

People should start wearing nasty headphones more often then
tongue.gif

In all seriousness though, I suspect that, if true, they may have been using earbuds (probably some of the most common headphones on the street these days). Since they do stick in your ears, and since most people aren't quite bright enough to regularly clean them, maybe that could be the cause? Plus people who don't clean IEMs... ewww.

But for large sealed and closed... I don't see it. It might be warmer and less airflow... but it's not like even Head-fiers use them for that long do they? I know I've been using closed headphones and IEMs for at least a few hours of the day everyday and I've never had a problem. Seems like a few others on this thread feel the same.

Plus open headphones sound better for the most part anyways, so I don't think Head-fiers are in trouble
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #48 of 49
I clean my IEMs regularly, but im not really sure how to deal with my HD580s. I cant just stick them in hydrogen peroxide like I do to my foamies.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #49 of 49
I find that if I run head first into a wall really fast they fall out, well something does anyway. I find that if I run head first into a wall really fast they fall out, well something does anyway. I find that I have been repeating myself lately . . . I am not sure what that is about though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back