Disturbing info
Apr 25, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #31 of 49
Them biologists are on drugs. I don't trust them at all.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #34 of 49
how many of those facts do u guys actually believe?

Quote:

43. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out. (DON’T TRY IT, DUMBASS)

edit: seriously What?
Quote:

60. If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

edit2:
Quote:

302. 120% of the world's population are dumber after reading that.

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even if it's true, not all bacteria are bad. in fact, a lot of bacteria are good.

No worries. I've got the "good" kind.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #36 of 49
That must be based on the people that listen to their headphones at ungodly levels they probably just split the poor bacteria into a million pieces all that pressure variation, it could drive you nuts.

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #37 of 49
Seems suspect:

1. headphones have been around a long time

2. the hearing aid folks are connected to the medical community. they wear them all the time. you'd think this would have been uncovered if there's an issue.

Of course, I'm rationalizing a bit here !

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #38 of 49
as per his doctor's warnings: my friend that got an ear infection recently was able to chock it up to his long study sessions wearing headphones. Apparently, creating a bacteria friendly environment is a caveat of regular headphone use.

Wash yer ears, guys!

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #39 of 49
as a matter of fact, though, I think I tend to get tired of wearing cans usually before I get to danger-zones of bacteria or SPL absorption. I don't know how you guys that do it 8-10 hours a day do that. I tend to average maybe 4-6 hours if I'm at school.

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean that animal rights organisations will be on to us for taking them off and destroying a mini-eco-system?

Ian

LMAO
biggrin.gif
I wear headphones 8-10 hours every day for years and never had a problem

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #45 of 49
That explains the ringing in my ears. I always thot it was the volume catching up with me. Now I know it's really billions of them little buggers screaming their heads off, "MORE! MORE! MORE!" Volume, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back