discount for ordering S639f
Dec 1, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #46 of 56
Well I finally got my red S639f today! Yay. It was a second order. The first (the one where I ordered two S639f about 3 weeks ago) is presumed missing and I'll be calling my credit card company to escalate the issue. Amazon UK seems reluctant to look for it and Royal Mail on the other hand insists that I should take it up with Amazon... Bloody idiots the lot of them.

Charging it up as we speak. Pictures later.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I finally got my red S639f today! Yay. It was a second order. The first (the one where I ordered two S639f about 3 weeks ago) is presumed missing and I'll be calling my credit card company to escalate the issue. Amazon UK seems reluctant to look for it and Royal Mail on the other hand insists that I should take it up with Amazon... Bloody idiots the lot of them.

Charging it up as we speak. Pictures later.

Somebody got 2 really nice daps, that didn't buy them. Prats the lot of em
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody got 2 really nice daps, that didn't buy them. Prats the lot of em
frown.gif

Well Amazon UK just offered a full refund. Going to take up their offer and then re-order to a different address. Interesting that my Klipsch Custom-1 of which they dispatched last week has also failed to arrive. Something unpleasant is seriously going on at our Royal Mail depot, which isn't really that surprising considering it is almost universally hated by everyone who is served by this depot.

There are so many S639 threads I don't even know which one to write in about my impressions so far! Hiss is definitely gone. SQ is just as good as A81x whether EQ'ed or none. Definitely not as sexy as the A81x, but still very slim and functional. Really love the ability to change themes as certain backgrounds makes the screen so much readable under the sunlight.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #50 of 56
The A81x series seemed to be a bit more sturdy. In particular I liked the buttons much more than I do on the new S series. I have a hard time telling when I've pressed one of them on my s639.

Other than that the only gripe I'm having with my new walkman as that I had tweaked my 816 with the service menu and EQ and now I'm having trouble getting the same sound with the s639. I always seem to have trouble adjusting to change in the audio department.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #51 of 56
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but my 639 finally arrived here in California. Although I am still learning the unit, so far I am very impressed. I would like to find a good case for it in the US and was wondering which worked the best.

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Amazon UK just offered a full refund. Going to take up their offer and then re-order to a different address. Interesting that my Klipsch Custom-1 of which they dispatched last week has also failed to arrive. Something unpleasant is seriously going on at our Royal Mail depot, which isn't really that surprising considering it is almost universally hated by everyone who is served by this depot.

Just curious, which depot is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back