discount for ordering S639f
Nov 23, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
149.244 USD - this is my total, nothing about customs charges yet. I believe it's included in the exorbitant shipping charges (22.3516 USD). I'm still paying at least $50.00 less than getting it in the USA.

So you ordered it? Tell us how much it cost for customs if there is more
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you ordered it? Tell us how much it cost for customs if there is more
smily_headphones1.gif

Read what I posted, since I believe it's included in the HUGE (22.3516 USD) shipping charge.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 56
I'll keep everyone posted, since this is still turning out to be a decent deal.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #22 of 56
I have not heard of U.S. Customs charging a fee for the personal use importation of electronic goods in all the years I've been buying stereo stuff. I don't believe there is any.

The only out-of-US goods I've bought recently were a set of rare champagne glasses from sweden, something I cannot remember from Canada, and a Book from amazon UK, and I've never seen customs charges.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #23 of 56
I called Sony Style Saturday morning. The rep told me it can take as long as a year for Sony models released in Japan and the UK to reach the US market.

That seems a very strange marketing plan to me! I realize the US is years behind in cellphone technology and adoption, but Mp3 players? Come on Sony... why not launch simultaneously everywhere?

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 56
Your concern bugs me as well. I am a fan of Sony products (not the company), and never understood their outdated model on rolling out products. Many of their products have potential but are held back by red-tapes and silly decisions like SonicStage, no doubt because of internal bickering.

But at least we in the UK got this model earlier. Usually it is the other way round!

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ordered mine from advmp3 11/15, emailed that it was shipped 11/17. so mine is due in soon as well.

mine showed up in my mailbox, didn't need to sign for it. Currently charging the sucker up. Jury is still out on the silver color, i think i like it. Definitely for those who are familiar with the sony style, you will easily recognize it as a sony product.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine showed up in my mailbox, didn't need to sign for it. Currently charging the sucker up. Jury is still out on the silver color, i think i like it. Definitely for those who are familiar with the sony style, you will easily recognize it as a sony product.
biggrin.gif

Oh man,............ well, enjoy that sucka!!!! I'm still waiting, impatiently, but still waiting nonetheless.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 56
If mine shipped on the 21st, when should I expect it by (earliest) if I'm on the east coast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back