discount for ordering S639f
Nov 25, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine is sitting at the post office. I received a notice. I have all my packages on hold just in case...

DJ when did yours ship?

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DJ when did yours ship?

it shipped on 11/17. I got my post office notice yesterday. I will be picking it up this evening.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it shipped on 11/17. I got my post office notice yesterday. I will be picking it up this evening.

Thanks, I'm in OH so I expect mine any day. Mine shipped the 17th also.

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So everyone's been getting their S639s already while I, in the UK, have yet to receive his or his gf's!

/disgusted with Royal Mail

Hey, I'm in the next state over from DJgeorge and I don't have mine yet and he got his 2 days ago. I agree about the Royal Mail too, my taking info is still the same as it was when it shipped (your item is in route to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA). Whoopee 23 bucks shipping and I don't even know if it's in the US or not.

Of course walkingman you situation is utter nonsense, I would think 3 days tops and thats by horse and carriage
icon10.gif
I really like Advance though, just wish they shipped EMS.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #37 of 56
I just got back from Royal Mail depot and they couldn't find the parcel.

Ridiculous.

We reckoned that someone from inside nicked it and is now enjoying our S639s at our expense. Lord knows if they are even on head-fi! Will report to Amazon tomorrow and ask them to reship to another address.

I hope you gets yours soon.

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #38 of 56
Well mine was in my mailbox today, the post must have put in later. And I can report the s7xx and 6xx sound identical (excellent) and are identical except for the noise canceling feature. The orange is really sharp , the silver and orange are muted and look really classy. Since I got this cheaper than my s738 and it's double the storage I'm pretty happy. This will be my all around dap, my fuze will be for listening to flac with my filo 3, and my touch is my games- music- wi fi unit.

Oh, and if you get one of these little gems, I suggest you leave the clear stereo and DSEE off and turn on the dynamic normalizer on, makes a big difference and doesn't seem to affect the sound other than filling it out.

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... The orange is really sharp , the silver and orange are muted and look really classy.

I was walking around yesterday with a orange Giants baseball cap, the silver & orange S639 and shoes that were tan but had orange stitching. I was self-conscious and wondering if people thought i really liked the color orange.
regular_smile .gif
I don't, really, but i do dig the silver & orange S639. Good choice of color on my part.
regular_smile .gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #40 of 56
Well it is good to know that the orange/silver scheme is classy. I ordered that for my gf, but was worried that it would look too much like typical S-E phones...

Someone needs to post pictures for those who has yet to receive theirs yet!

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it is good to know that the orange/silver scheme is classy. I ordered that for my gf, but was worried that it would look too much like typical S-E phones...

Someone needs to post pictures for those who has yet to receive theirs yet!

what?

icon10.gif

s639.jpg

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #44 of 56
^^^^
awesome pics, you need to charge that sucker up soon...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Urabus, isee that you are listening to rock music, how do you like your sound?

I love it with my e500, excellent low end with everything set to Flat.

I bought new Senn CX400 to use as walk around phones and maybe its the fit but I find using these the music is overly bright and lacking in any bass. At the moment there is no love for the CX400, i want to try some comply tips on them to boost bass response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back