[DISCOUNT EXPIRED] Amber Rubarth's Scribbled Folk Symphonies
Apr 16, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #16 of 41
I purchased the album last night and I seem to like it better than her previous album. I will listen more to familiarise myself with the songs.

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #17 of 41
I purchased the album last night and I seem to like it better than her previous album. I will listen more to familiarise myself with the songs.

I agree. Better song structures.

Last album was more like a great album to test your headphones with, binaural sound and all.

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #18 of 41
I agree. Better song structures.

Last album was more like a great album to test your headphones with, binaural sound and all.

Yeah, I agree.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #21 of 41
Just bought this and I am very impressed so far.  It is nice and dynamic, yet elegantly simple.  Each track has a uniqueness making it a great overall album.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #22 of 41
This album has the same beautiful sonics as the last album, but musically much better imo. This is a no brainer headphone reference album no doubt and if you liked 16th ward you'll really enjoy this.

Added bonus..explicit lyrics in an audiophile track. First I heard it lol

To add to this, the previous album really was more of a technical prowess on the recording and wow factor of the binaural. Which is the reason I didn't buy it.. didn't really find it musically to my taste. This album however has so much more emotion, more instruments played with more passion. You can hear Amber Rubarth and co have matured not only in sound but also in content. Excellent stuff!

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #23 of 41
  To add to this, the previous album really was more of a technical prowess on the recording and wow factor of the binaural. 

Yeah my wife hated it. "You call these songs?"

She was listening to it with the car stereo and wondering why all the sounds are coming from all corners.

"It's binaural! It's supposed to be like that!"

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #24 of 41

Yeah my wife hated it. "You call these songs?"

She was listening to it with the car stereo and wondering why all the sounds are coming from all corners.

"It's binaural! It's supposed to be like that!"

Yea, even though these Binaural+ albums are suppose to be for headphones and speakers, they still sound funny with speakers. Through IEMs or headphones however, brilliant.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #25 of 41
Finally got around to downloading. Benefits of binaural are much easier to notice on my Mad Dogs but I think I appreciate the album more on the Orion.

edit: favorite track is definitely 04. Losing My Religion

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #29 of 41
And I'm going to purchase this, but why no liner notes on HDtracks? I always though it was a licensing thing, but Chesky and HDtracks are partners...no?

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #30 of 41
I'm all over this. I enjoyed the last album very much! Thanks for the discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back