Disappointed with Sennheiser hd 380 - any other suggestions?
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

john59

New Head-Fier
Bought a pair of Sennheiser hd 380's a week ago and am totally disappointed with those. I was looking to get some good closed cans for less than $200 and after reading about headphones for a couple of days, I decided to get the ATH M50's. But they weren't available in store so I had to choose a different model. After spending another couple of days reading forums and reviews on amazon, I decided to go for the HD 380.

So now I have been using them for a week and IMO they sound really dull and boring. I used to love listening to music on my Apple earbuds but after listening to these I don't even feel like turning the music on. I am not saying they are really that bad but not my taste at all.

On the positive side they are extremely comfortable, provide good sound isolation, and come with a long coiled cord and sound pretty neutral(I guess). These are the first high end headphones I have bought and am immediately looking for a replacement. So what do you guys recommend? I have heard Grados are fun to listen to but they aren't available here and amazon won't ship them internationally. I would be using them on my laptop, iphone and ipod. And I am ready to use open headphones as well. I am basically looking for a pair of headphones that are fun to listen to, doesn't lack bass, and sound better(much better) than the apple earbuds. I listen to all types of music btw

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 3
Anyone?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back