disappointed in mp4 nation: poor customer service, user beware. Not recommended
Jan 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 35
update: they have not replied to my by email nor private messaging. piss poor customer service, I can not (not) recommend them enough 

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #19 of 35
How long have you had them for ?

about 3 months, guess the warranty was voided when the shell split due to poor aseembly at the factory. Its a common problem for mp4nation products too

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #20 of 35
Using their products voids the warranty?

I'm sure they misunderstood the situation. I don't think any company would treat their customers like you if they understood that the fault was manufacturing related and not using related..

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #21 of 35

Quote:
update: they have not replied to my by email nor private messaging. piss poor customer service, I can not (not) recommend them enough 

I'm not saying this is the reason why they haven't replied to you but they are celebrating CNY.. They've been closed since Jan 20th or 21st and won't reopen again until Jan 26th..

Here's the message that was included in the CNY sale email from mp4nation on Jan 21st.. Good luck.

Quote:
Holiday schedule:

MP4 Nation office is closed from today and will reopen on Thursday the 26th of Jan. Till we reopen we will not be able to reply to any support ticket inquiries, but our forums are always open an the community maybe able to assist you till our staff are back to work.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #23 of 35

Quote:
If it helps, I was just about to buy two brainwavez betas but you just convinced me not to. 

right, the buy one get one free deal was going on.

the products they offer generally sound very good for their respective price brackets, but they tend to use weak or too little adhesive, I would still get them, but when it stops working, well. half truths would be a good idea

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #24 of 35

Quote:
right, the buy one get one free deal was going on.

the products they offer generally sound very good for their respective price brackets, but they tend to use weak or too little adhesive, I would still get them, but when it stops working, well. half truths would be a good idea

Yeah, I know but I value customer care/service over anything else. I just decided to get a smorgasbord of the current headfi's flavour of the week instead. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #25 of 35
Brainwavz In-ear Monitors are available here in my country. I'm saving for Brainwavz B2 for like 3 months now, almost there. Until I read this. I have a broken RE0. I don't want to gamble my money on  B2 for the build quality. Note that I take good care of my IEM since compensation here in my country is horrible . Now, still looking for some 100$-150$ In-Ear that have very good build quality. For now, Brainwavz Beta is still working but I dont trust the build quality either.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 35
I have experienced on both the seller and buyer end of a faulty product where its really hard to determine if the damage was caused by misuse or just a dud that slipped past QA checks. As expected build quality of a product varies from person to person makes it a grey area to who is right/wrong. Usually most retailers would replace the product free of charge as it doesn't cost them anything to do so, they just past on the cost to their supplier however in this case its direct from the manufacturer which makes it a little tricky.

However I at least expect to give you another a new pair for either heavily discounted such as cost price + shipping as thats what I have been doing for my customers who are honest enough about the circumstances the headphones broke, common themes would be sweat from gyms, little kids, pets, 'tiny' drops whiled plugged in etc. Should send an message with intelligent rage or continue following up on it helps.

Quote:
Brainwavz In-ear Monitors are available here in my country. I'm saving for Brainwavz B2 for like 3 months now, almost there. Until I read this. I have a broken RE0. I don't want to gamble my money on  B2 for the build quality. Note that I take good care of my IEM since compensation here in my country is horrible . Now, still looking for some 100$-150$ In-Ear that have very good build quality. For now, Brainwavz Beta is still working but I dont trust the build quality either.

+1 to Vsonic GR-07s. Served me very well.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 35

Order Date: Monday 16 January, 2012

[size=1.3em]  [/size]

[size=1.3em] Order Information - Order #390XX[/size]

[size=1.1em] [th]
Qty.​
[/th] [th]
Products​
[/th] [th]
Total​
[/th]
1 ea.​
Nationite S:Flo2 Leather Hyde Case - fits Apple iPhone 4/4S
$9.50​
1 ea.​
FiiO E17 Alpen DAC & Headphone Amplifier - PREORDER-2
  1. Free Gift - Free FedEX Priority Shipping
$139.50​
[/size]
[size=1.1em]
$149.00​

[size=1.1em]
Sub-Total:​
[/size]

[size=1.1em]
$0.00​
[/size]

[size=1.1em]
Free Standard Registered Airmail - Worldwide (Free Registered Airmail - Worldwide - 4 - 20 transit days):​
[/size]

[size=1.1em]
$149.00​
[/size]

[size=1.1em]
Total:​
[/size]

[/size]

[size=1.3em] Status History & Comments[/size]

[size=1.1em] [th]
Date​
[/th] [th]
Order Status​
[/th] [th]
Comments​
[/th]
01/16/2012 Processing Please add the code XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX .
Draw a dragon on the cage.
[/size]  

still processing since jan 12th. I guess it is because they are waiting for the E17 to arrive but I know that because of teh FiiO rep on headfi not because of mp4 nation

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #29 of 35
I thought i would directly address this thread. When it comes to RMA there will be people who are happy and those that are not. In most cases earphones going bad can be avoided with proper care, such as avoiding wrapping the cable around your player, this will cause both cable fatigue and damage to the jack, this is normally results in one channel dieing or sound degradation, but even this sort of damage we will replace units. Brainwavz warranty is very generous, but we do draw the line when we think there is clear evidence of user damage. People may or may not agree with our assessment but we don't deny people due to any cost related reasons, its also pretty rare when we do refuse to service an item due to suspected user related damage. You'll be pretty hard to find people posting that they could not get their Brainwavz earphones fixed/replaced.

In the OP case the information they provided through our support ticket was very limited and based on that we made the judgement, we did ask for them to send us images by email which we never received. We did inform the OP to send the units back after we saw the posted images here on head-fi after i suspected it could be an issue not user related. Now we have the return and the strange thing is that the OP B2 are working fine We found one channel cuts out intermittently with lots of cable movement.

@JamesMcProgger according to the image you  posted you have a E17 in the second preorder, this is shown in the title of the product on your invoice, there is a rather large notice on the product page that the E17 will be in stock mid Feb. You can also contact support for any other order related concerns http://www.mp4nation.net/support

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #30 of 35

Quote:
@JamesMcProgger according to the image you  posted you have a E17 in the second preorder, this is shown in the title of the product on your invoice, there is a rather large notice on the product page that the E17 will be in stock mid Feb. You can also contact support for any other order related concerns http://www.mp4nation.net/support

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back