Disappointed in Base (K702's) Denon D5000's Instead???
May 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #20 of 25

Quote:
The LA2000s. They are very good all around phones. They can rock you and they can serve up classical as it should be.

Agreed.  Especially if you get the right wood and damping, they are some of the best all-rounders you can get -- they sound great with a lot of things, and there isn't much that they sound bad with either.  They certainly win at rock, pop, and techno, and they're pretty good with classical too.

I don't think you can be disappointed with the bass on the LA2000s.  The only thing the O.P. might miss from his K702s is the soundstage -- while the LA2000s have a nice soundstage, I don't think it matches a good open headphone like the K702s.

May 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #22 of 25
Thank you all for the responses.  I have used the eq in foobar to up the bass a few db but these headphones start to distort fairly easily with too much gain.  I think that I will hold on to the K702's since a lot of people seem to regret selling theirs from what I have heard and I really do love their sound with most music.  I will then just sell my d-10 and RE0's to finance a new set of headphones, probably right around $300 used.  It looks like the LA2000's will be out of reach, but what about the other modded D2000's   MD's right?  I am not familiar with the deficiencies that the stock D2000's have.  Also, what about the difference between modded D2000's and the non-modded D5000's?  I will start reading up on those :)

Thank you everybody :)

May 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #23 of 25
Alright, I am familiar with the Markl mod now and I already have the materials for that so I think this is a done deal.  I think that I will just get the D2000's and mod them, unless I find a super deal on some D5000's.

Thanks,
Neil

May 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #25 of 25
There's a videogame that is loosely based on Chopin...and fantasy... XD

Eternal Sonata for the 360 and PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back