Disappointed at sennheiser IE 80!!!!!
Apr 3, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #49 of 58

I'll try.

i never used double flange without the half tape mod, double falnge, as you said only added some bass.

without the half tape mod i only used single smalles flange... it sounded meh compared to other options...

double flange and half tape is a heaven for these iems. i made a special thread explaining how to do the mod.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #50 of 58
  i never used double flange without the half tape mod, double falnge, as you said only added some bass.

without the half tape mod i only used single smalles flange... it sounded meh compared to other options...

double flange and half tape is a heaven for these iems. i made a special thread explaining how to do the mod.

what's half tape mod?

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #53 of 58
I don't know if this has already been established somewhere in the forum but the tuning functionality for the IE80 only bumps up sub-bass and mid-bass. I love my IE80's when they are playing through my Fiio E10K on my computer but when playing on-the-go with my phone, I get too much sibilance for enjoyment. I bought these brand new and so far, I have maybe 14-18 hours on them, did anyone with brand new IE80's once have a sibilance problem? At least at first?

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #54 of 58
  I don't know if this has already been established somewhere in the forum but the tuning functionality for the IE80 only bumps up sub-bass and mid-bass. I love my IE80's when they are playing through my Fiio E10K on my computer but when playing on-the-go with my phone, I get too much sibilance for enjoyment. I bought these brand new and so far, I have maybe 14-18 hours on them, did anyone with brand new IE80's once have a sibilance problem? At least at first?

they have because of source.

try fiio e12a if you have the chance. it will change your life. and i rarely go this far with affirmations.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #55 of 58
Just wondering if the folks who didn't notice any difference after adjusting the bass port, realized they had counterfeit headphones. That is the easiest way to spot Chinese knockoffs, non functional bass port.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #56 of 58
  Just wondering if the folks who didn't notice any difference after adjusting the bass port, realized they had counterfeit headphones. That is the easiest way to spot Chinese knockoffs, non functional bass port.

The difference is huge yes, but to untrained ears i can see how it could be difficult to notice the difference since you have to take them out to change it so it might be easy to kinda forget how they sounded.

Also they should lower the price of the ie80's, after listening to a bunch of both expensive and cheap in ears i realize that the sound of the ie80's are not good enough for this price, not the accessories (the tips are a ******* joke, both the double flanges and the foamies sucl and you dont get any extra cables, with just one driver i feel like they could have had a lot better accessories when you pay this crazy price) or isolation either. The sound reminds me of my brainwavz delta's but with more bass, the fit isnt as good either. They are great fun though, and thats why im still happy i own them.

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #57 of 58
I have a pair and I sold them only to be accused of them being fake so I took them back. The reason I sold them was because of the lack of bass and problems with them staying in my ears, bought a portable amp and now I love them bass like crazy and bought ear tips that fit. I'm really glad I got them back good crisp highs and very nice soundstage it's probably the amp but I only paid $68 for them so I can't complain about the bass anymore its really there, peace.

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #58 of 58
I've bought a pair of theese from Amazon, but there's no difference in bass response turning the knob. The Ie 80 are too bass wighted, I really feel disapponinted, also turning the regulator to the minimum there's alwais too much bass. My K3003 from AKG are LY better, this is the same sensation i felt trying the ie800 too much v shaped sound. Not even to be called monitors or hi-fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back