Dilema - W4 vs 1964-T vs UM Mage
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CowB

New Head-Fier
After posting about looking for a cheaper IEM to use instead of my SM3 (the only iem I own), I decided that this probably didn't make sense and if I were to spend money I may as well get something better...

Obviously the westone 4 is the cheaper option, and I would only consider the UM Mage if I get the 20% discount.

Would it be worthwhile spending an extra $100 for a custom iem? I don't really have any issues with fit (westone um3x or sm3 fit fine). I know sound signature is quite different for these 3 iem but I don't think this will be a huge issue for me- I guess I want to try something else (doesnt necessarily hae to e completely different) to the sm3.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 7
I will highely recommend to try UM Mage because it's quint(5 drivers) drivers IEMs and sound amazing compared to other custom IEMs in it's price range. The UM Mage willbe an upgrade over SM3 and it offers similar soundstage effect like SM3 with much more clarity in mids, highs and offers tight deep bass.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I will highely recommend to try UM Mage because it's quad(5 drivers) drivers IEMs and sound amazing compared to other custom IEMs in it's price range. The UM Mage willbe an upgrade over SM3 and it offers similar soundstage effect like SM3 with much more clarity in mids, highs and offers tight deep bass.

Quad is 4. Quint is 5. 

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 7
I had the W4 and the 1964-T at the same time. While the W4 is a very good universal it doesn't quite keep up with the 1964-T. They do have different signatures but I would go for the customs if you had the budget for it. I have reviews of both of them in my profile if interested.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I will highely recommend to try UM Mage because it's quad(5 drivers) drivers IEMs and sound amazing compared to other custom IEMs in it's price range. The UM Mage willbe an upgrade over SM3 and it offers similar soundstage effect like SM3 with much more clarity in mids, highs and offers tight deep bass.

Quote:
Quad is 4. Quint is 5. 

Eh, don't even bother... he doesn't own either phone anyway. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back