DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Nov 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #406 of 605

have you taken the battery out then put it back in? or is it like full on dead even after you do that?

Want to make sure I'm being fair and updating my situation...Cindy did reach out to me from the company and gave me the steps that echo what Ed said above. I found a good German-made set of micro-allen wrenches on Amazon, got the plate off, unplugged the battery, and let it sit for an hour. Cindy suggested overnight, but I wanted to at least see if anything was different after a shorter time. The ZO came to life for a sec and then went dead again, so I went ahead and put it on the usb charger. I just checked and we're back up and running again. 

Thanks also to Oregonian for the IM support. 

Finally back to enjoying this fantastic little piece of gear...guess I'll keep it off the other charger and just use the laptop from this point forward. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #407 of 605
Good to hear that your ZO is up and running again focker
bigsmile_face.gif

I only leave 2 screws on it now because it seems as if i'm having to take it apart once a week I guess its the price we have to pay if we want to be like this
L3000.gif

Have any of you guys that have the battery problem actually let the battery sit overnight like cindy suggested? because i'm too impatient and only let it sit for a few mins lol I wonder if we let it sit overnight if that would fix the problem for good

Nov 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #408 of 605
  Good to hear that your ZO is up and running again focker
bigsmile_face.gif

I only leave 2 screws on it now because it seems as if i'm having to take it apart once a week I guess its the price we have to pay if we want to be like this
L3000.gif

Have any of you guys that have the battery problem actually let the battery sit overnight like cindy suggested? because i'm too impatient and only let it sit for a few mins lol I wonder if we let it sit overnight if that would fix the problem for good

Cindy indicated to me in the email that the battery issue is linked to the way the ZO is charged. I have a little hub/plug thing that is designed for USB charging, and I use it to charge my Kindle and even the other ZO I have (ZO2). But apparently the best way to charge the current model is by using the port on a computer (?) She indicated that other means of charging may actually drain the battery instead of...actually, let me just paste the email instead of trying to explain it...here's what she said: 

Code:
 [i][b]Are you using a standard USB 2.0 compliant power source (5V at a min of 500mA current) to charge ZO FS? Use of a charger that does not meet this standard may drain the battery rather than charge it. Charging additonal devices while chargeing ZO may also cause the failure of ZO to re-charge.[/b][/i]

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #409 of 605
Hrms i'll try using a different charger next time i charge it but i'm not sure if it will help with the problems I have how it just dies and won't turn back on or take a charge even though the battery is more then half full hopefully it works though

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #410 of 605
well! I've! now! officially! refound! my! sweet! spot! in! audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks! to! Mizmoxie & CO.!

and may I just say! WOW!!!!!

I have what I think is an unusual rig? cuz I cram so much into my portable rig, (iPod>CLAS -R>Dou>FS>ASG-2s) and I just switched amps to go along with my FS+, I went from the RXmkII, to the Vorzuges amp Dou, and hubbity hub bub bub! very nice difference, both wonderful amps, but the Dou has some better synergy to go along with my beloved ASG-2's, and along with the FS = sweet spot! just an overal fun and engaging sound!

ever since I got my first ZOv1 there hasn't hardly been many times when I haven't had digiziods gear in the mix, so I went old school with the FS, and I'm running it like I did with my ZOv1, and that is at the lowest bass setting, so I set my FS to 0, and the treble to 10 to edge out the treble just so over the very naturally abundant bass of the ASG's, and so now with the FS in the mix, the bass is lusciously controlled, and the treble is increased, and so my music is turned into some even more awesomer audio therapy!

to me Digizoid has done such a wonderful job with the sound in general with the ZO, minus any bass boosting ability, or even now with the treble boosting ability with the FS series, so it adds to an even better soundstage, and instrument seperation and placement, and alot of other tech seek stuff that I'm not very good at? lol, I don't know, but I really really really like what I'm hearing, I guess its all about synergy? but one thing is for certain and that is Digiziod knows how to take my audio bliss to the next level! thanks MizMoxie and CO.!

on a different note, only down side is the battery issues are a little bit of a hassle more so for some others it seems, I caught a break yesterdat though, cuz the FS cut the music out before it ran the battery completely down so I didn't have open her up to disconect the battery to get a recharge!

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #411 of 605

Just received word that my FS is in route to my mailbox ! Can't remember ever missing a piece of equipment more than the FS . The Grado 225's and DigiZoid FS are a match made in heaven tomorrow will be a special TGIF !!

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #416 of 605

Just received word that my FS is in route to my mailbox ! Can't remember ever missing a piece of equipment more than the FS . The Grado 225's and DigiZoid FS are a match made in heaven tomorrow will be a special TGIF !!

I have to agree...I was surprised how well the FS+ paired with my PS500s...sounds great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back