digg = on fire!
May 2, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 58
yah i was curious what happen to digg. i hope they can maintain.. i thought digg.com had a lot of momentum and was going to break to the general public media or whatever like youtube... hopefully it can recover

if i had stock in digg i'd be pretty disappointed right now

May 2, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That series of numbers is the key to most to the AACS on most HD-DVDs. Now that we have the key, you can make legal backups of HD-DVD movies.

I am sick of hearing this 'legal backup' crap. You all know exactly what this key is going to be used for, quit trying to justify it.

May 2, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sick of hearing this 'legal backup' crap. You all know exactly what this key is going to be used for, quit trying to justify it.

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to make backups of my movies? Just because some people are going to use this key for Piracy, dosen't mean it dosent have its legal purposes. It is like banning guns, they can be used illegaly, but there are also legal uses for them.

May 2, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Quit assuming that that's the only thing anybody is going to use it for. According to so much I've read from people with this mindset, I must be a hardcore movie pirate because I sometimes like to watch DVDs on my Linux system.

May 2, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That series of numbers is the key to most to the AACS on most HD-DVDs. Now that we have the key, you can make legal backups of HD-DVD movies.

WOOT!

May 2, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

This is funny to read on a forum where a good number of members believe in backing up their digital media.

Edit: If all the pro-DRM robots unite will they form a giant super pro-DRM robot?

May 2, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #13 of 58
For the first 9 months or so, Digg was a great site. Interesting links, decent commentary. Then the teenagers moved in en-masse, and the site degenerated into something not worth reading. These days the links are lame and the commentary is sophomoric. Nothing illustrates that more than this whole thing today. Sigh...

May 2, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #14 of 58
I hope to god this doesn't ruin digg, i really liked that site.

I think this whole thing is a bit ridiculous, having something like that is a big risk that they are taking at digg, i don't mind at all that they censored that, and i hope they bounce back from all this.

This must be a tough day at the digg headquarters. Good luck to them all.

I just dugg everything that didn't have the number in an attempt to get them on the front page, I urge you guys to do the same thing... I mean, we wouldn't want for there not to be an episode of diggnation because of this, would we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back